Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko Retires From Boxing, Joshua Rematch Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Respectable ending for a respectable career of a respectable champion. Happy retirement.

Comment

should have retired after the fury debacle. im hopiong he never unretires.

Comment

A great fighter , again making the right decision , a credit to boxing.

Wlad won't be coming back in two years time to fight a wrestler.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          Good! Now this leaves a window open for a potential Deontay Wilder showdown by the end of the year. If Eddie Hearn is willing to take it. Since he wants to fight in the U.S.

I think Hearn really wants Wilder to fight Bellew or Whyte to build the big one. Gives Joshua time to deal with Pulev.

Comment

The Klitschko brothers were probably my biggest inspiration for getting into the sport. I know not everyone was a fan and there were good reasons for that but nobody can argue that Wlad and his brother were both great champions.

I guess this means we're officially in the post-Klitschko era now. It's a brave new world at Heavyweight.

Comment

You will be missed, champ.

Comment

Thank you champ! I wish you all the best..

Comment

Good decision. Was really no need for a rematch other than money. Been the best for so long and taught prob the next dominant heavyweight a valuable lesson for his future fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                    should have retired after the fury debacle. im hopiong he never unretires.
                    No one wants to go out like that. Dreadful fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      The end of an era.
                      and an extremely boring one at that! All the best to him though, massive respect, was a great champ but the division suffered for a decade due to his dominant but extremely boring reign. Cant help but look forward to the next generation, hope we get the fights we need over the next year or so and hope we see Fury coming back soon to add to the mix

Farewell Dr Steelhammer!

Comment

Working...
                      X