Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder Now Saying He Will Only Ever Accept 50/50 Split - Pricing Himself Out Forever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
    I think Hearn's plan is for Joshua to hone his skills with Povetkin, then test the waters in New York with a Miller IBF mandatory (provided Miller wins the eliminator). Wilder will test if Fury is a man of his word by offering him a deal to fight this year in the US (maybe initially to share a card to allow another Fury tune up, then an actual fight for the lineal championship and a possible rematch). Then, if Joshua is ready to fight in 2020, a proper percentage based deal sets up an undisputed fight in the US. At that point it would be 50/50. The crappy flat fee UK deal would only have ever have been signed for a 2018 fight.
    At no point will Deontay be worth half the money. So if he insists on it, he's never getting the fight because he will have successfully priced himself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
      Wilder has two top 4 wins? Who? Fat Bermane who won a vacant title against Chris Arreola? And the fat Cuban who wasn't even the best Cuban heavyweight in the amateurs?
      Thank you for your opinion, but I am not arguing opinions. I am arguing facts.

All the leading experts had Stiverne as #2 or #3 in the world when he fought Wilder. They had Ortiz #3 or #4 when he fought Wilder. Your personal opinion of those fighters doesn't change that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Fury fight isn't bigger than a Wilder fight money wise, because you are talking all UK. If talking purely UK money then yea that fight is the biggest but it doesn't draw dick from the US especially with Joshua now going to DAZN so his profile will shrink (out of sight out of mind). Wilder is big enough to bring in US money and that means a lot to actually growing the pie beyond what Joshua already has locked up.

All those other guys aren't anything compared to Wilder and will make Joshua less than half as much. Plus someone will want to fight Wilder just to get to the head of the Joshua line and will see that as their ticket to Joshua fastest.

So their pickings are equal just Joshua makes ore, but if Joshua wants to make the most possible (I assume he does) he fights Wilder because Wilder's price is only going up unless Wilder loses.

I don;t think most of you ll get how important Wilder is to Joshua, es Joshua will do great and make a lot of money against whoever but if he really wants more he has to see Wilder and him going to DAZN really cements this fact because he can't grow his brand here on DAZN.
        The Fury fight is bigger in the U.K, it will smash the Klitschko fight, you underestimate how many UK fans will buy that obviously, and Wilder's U.S fans watching in the afternoon won't make up for it... trust me on that.

Whyte has a good fan base and can match the Klitschko fight with the build-up.

Wilder is not a big name, and U.S PPV isn't a factor in the U.K fight at all! it never has been and never will be.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          That's right Deontay Wilder fuck them motherfuckers. Who needs them anyway? What have they ever given you? You don't owe them shit. Tell them and their mama's to kiss your ass!
          Who needs them anyway? Well Wilder needs them to get a payday. Otherwise he'll make peanuts fighting his usual bums. Joshua is the only way to getting the big money.

But Wilder doesn't want the fight which is why he's pricing himself out AGAIN. He wasted time just so he could force the Povetkin mandatory and then claim a duck. But Eddie said the contract is still open so Wilder is now looking for a new way to duck. Pricing himself out seems to be doing the trick. Wilder is a fraud. And so is anyone who thinks like this low rent nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Interesting comments on Breazeale. If not him, then who?
            An opponent much worse. Surly you know how Wilder operates by now? So why the stupid question?

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
              The Fury fight is bigger in the U.K, it will smash the Klitschko fight, you underestimate how many UK fans will buy that obviously, and Wilder's U.S fans watching in the afternoon won't make up for it... trust me on that.

Whyte has a good fan base and can match the Klitschko fight with the build-up.

Wilder is not a big name, and U.S PPV isn't a factor in the U.K fight at all! it never has been and never will be.
              Yes Wilder is a big name in the US, for the right fight yes it will, being midday hurts the proposition a bit but it can still make money not like it is odd hours where people won't be up. They start a bit late in the UK like midnight which is 7 eastern time (4 west coast), they give Wilder those rights or a sizeable portion and the numbers will work for Wilder and it is on him to make it work in the US so no harm no foul and Joshua is pulling the lions share from the UK.

They wouldn't pay for Whyte to not let him fight in Bulgaria so, I find that laughable.

Joshua is pretty much maxing out UK money as it is, sure Fury is the real max but how much extra can really be rung out of that market, sure it is a great market and I am not downplaying that that fight does great business. Still it is pulling from one market, and it is not like there isn't money in the US plus Joshua should he beat Wilder gains long term in US money, he already has the UK market so he really gains little long term from beating Fury. I say the Wilder fight is worth more two markets is better than one and pretty much all the people that will buy a Fury fight in the UK will buy a Wilder fight so that difference is marginal at best.

It is ok to say Wlder is a great option for Joshua and that he will eventually has to see him logically if he wants to make the most money and Wilder will get paid handsomely for this fight. I don't get why that is so hard for some to say or comprehend?
              Last edited by The Gambler1981; 06-29-2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Don't worry .. you are not the only Wilder fanboy who rather talk crap online than see AJ and Wilder in a ring together.
                Don't worry, your not the first AJ ball sucker that I destroyed and you won't be the last!

Your just like your hero, a ***** @$$ coward who rather let another man talk for him!.

Wilder was done wrong by Team AJ, good luck to Edwards Hearns trying to sign a top notch USA star now!

Comment

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
                  I said Golovkin deserved 50% so at least I'm consistent. Say that Oscar and Canelo held out for 60% and we didn't have a fight, that would be Golovkin's fault for not caving? Yeah well **** that and all the A side divas in boxing.
                  You don't give in to the demands of a delusional idiot asking for half when AJ brings in 95% of the money. That's silly.

Golovkin got 42.5% in the rematch because the first fight did big business. Golovkin was right to ask for a fair share. But he only got 30% the first time round. But he was the man at the weight, has beaten better fighters, and was more known in the boxing world than Deontay is. So if Deontay insists on getting half, he's pissing in the wind. He's not getting that. Anyone who thinks he deserves it is as delusional as Deontay himself.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    He bent over backwards as far as any man can bend, only for Hearn to still refuse to do the fight next. So of course he's going to wipe the slate clean in the next round of negotiations.

Will he actually stick to 50/50? No of course not. He'd take 60/40. But Hearn probably won't be able to get him to take a flat fee again. Wilder sensed Hearn didn't want to do the fight next and wanted to call his bluff. Now that the bluff has been called, there's no reason to ever take a flat fee again.
                    Wilder keeps asking for more and people like you justify it. Stop pretending Wilder ever wanted this fight. He didn't.

People like you are going to defend Wilder no matter how crazy his demands get. As I say, it's all propaganda with you. Defend Haymon's fighters regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      Fury fight isn't bigger than a Wilder fight money wise, because you are talking all UK. If talking purely UK money then yea that fight is the biggest but it doesn't draw dick from the US especially with Joshua now going to DAZN so his profile will shrink (out of sight out of mind). Wilder is big enough to bring in US money and that means a lot to actually growing the pie beyond what Joshua already has locked up.

All those other guys aren't anything compared to Wilder and will make Joshua less than half as much. Plus someone will want to fight Wilder just to get to the head of the Joshua line and will see that as their ticket to Joshua fastest.

So their pickings are equal just Joshua makes ore, but if Joshua wants to make the most possible (I assume he does) he fights Wilder because Wilder's price is only going up unless Wilder loses.

I don;t think most of you ll get how important Wilder is to Joshua, es Joshua will do great and make a lot of money against whoever but if he really wants more he has to see Wilder and him going to DAZN really cements this fact because he can't grow his brand here on DAZN.
                      Wilder only makes money in the US if it has Joshua attached. Outside of him, he brings **** all. Not really worth talking about actually.

Comment

Working...
                      X