Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Byrd: Wilder Can't Take Pressure, Almost Lost To Old Man

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    What heavyweight today can sustain pressure?
    Hell none of them know what defense means!
    Wlad dominated for years but didn't fare well when pressured. Tyson beat everyone until he got to Evander who backed him up!
    When Wlad stepped to Joshua he dropped him, when Joshua backed up Wlad he stopped him.

None of today's heavies can handle pressure very well but one thing about Wilder is he will be throwing and the others don't!

Wilders wildness is his best trait most times. You can't practice defense on what Wilders brings. You need to find a 6'7" long armed man who brings shots from every where!
    Yes his style and form is lacking but this isn't figure skating!

Ray
    Ray, you should have kept going. Evander vs Burt Cooper lol or Holyfield vs Bowe. Holyfield's defense was terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
      I’ve noticed people are claiming Ortiz is 45 or around there.. I’m not ruling anything out but this seems like a stretch
      He's old as dirt, REALLY old. His stamina was shot and even so, he almost knocked Wilder out. Dude is gonna get WORKED against AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Robyn Banz View Post
        Has been got an opinion huh?
        Retired boxers are constantly being asked their opinion about fights/fighters. Try to keep up.

Comment

Actually he did lose to Ortiz, Ortiz knocked him out on his feet but the corrupt referee gave chicken legs wilder extra time to recover.

Comment

Kind of like that time Andrew Golota (LOL) came out of retirement and kicked your ass but got robbed on the cards? Byrd has no room to talk. I also remember the time Byrd was complaining to the ref when Ibeabuchi KOd him instead of paying attention to the fight. What a boring idiot. It was day to celebrate when he retired.
            Last edited by ddeg10; 06-17-2018, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Wilder actually likes guys going at him as it makes easier to land counters. That's how Ortiz got knocked out to start with. Actually Ortiz tried to apply pressure to Wilder all night but Wilder was still able to move around the ring rarely getting cornered. The few times Ortiz cornered Wilder, he couldn't do much as this is the type of moment were Wilder is more dangerous, ask Szpilka. But he was on point about Joshua don't using his reach at it's max potential

Comment

You don’t know anything about me Groupie!!! I gets mine and ALWAYS have!! I’ve probably had a bigger impact on more people’s lives then u and Byrd put together!! Keep trying though

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                  didn't AJ get put on his ass by an ancient fossilized dinosaur named Wlad?? coming off years of inactivity and an embarrassing defeat to top it off..

and since when is the Juiceman a "pressure" fighter? he remained timid all night against Parker. he kept flinching at every feint and jumping two feet back.

Ortiz has more skills and ring IQ than AJ could ever hope to have. the Juiceman doesn't have the discipline or technique to avoid Wilder's bombs for too long. his stiff bodybuilder head doesn't move and it'll be knocked off.
                  🙋🏿*♂️ I agree

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                    I think everyone would benefit greatly from a little more objectivity and a lot less fanboyism. I can understand when some guys have a favorite fighter, but some take it way beyond rational norms and lose all sense of reason. Sadly, these are that one's that crash the hardest when their fav. gets blown out in a fight.

Just a little thought I had from reading this thread

In any case, it would seem that both AJ and Wilder have issues fighting an inside game. I was hoping to see AJ's inside game when he fought Parker but the referee explicitly forbid any inside fighting and that is one of Parker's strengths. So to date, I've seen little inside fighting from either AJ or Wilder.

So, it would seem that this fight (AJ vs Wilder) will be fought at range. And that is a huge advantage for Wilder, who isn't as flat-footed as AJ and moves very well for a big dude.

Still and in spite of all the preliminary rap\opinions by many, I see this as a great fight for as long as it lasts. My $$$ is on Wilder due to the fear factor AJ has of getting caught, his lack of defense (Both are actually lacking defense) and Wilder's mobility, which will create opening for those unpredictable bombs that Wilder throws.

I expect in advance, that many of the lunatic hardcore AJ fans will be MIA post-fight.

Still, hit me up ... I'm all in with the ecash on Wilder in this fight. I'm even going in hard with the real $$$$ on this one.
                    ✊🏿 I like both guys but aj disappointed me so bad in that Parker fight. But anyway my money on wilder too

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                      Byrd is correct in that pressure fighters are the Wilder fear. Wilder was carefully kept away from pressure guys like The brothers Klitschko. Povetkin and Whyte also were two styles who would beat Wilder every time. That's why Brezeale is now hand picked to be beaten next. Perfect style for Wilder. It's a joke how Pbc protected this bum. Hoping to make him into a star in the ghetto black community.
                      Far from a Wilder fan but Whyte isn't beating Wilder everytime. When you see him getting shaken and spun like a top against Chisora that's enough cause for concern sloppy as Wilder can be Whyte is right there to be windmilled. Expecting Parker to be laying serious combos on him next month

Comment

Working...
                      X