No announcement yet.

Google maps is now out for iOS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google maps is now out for iOS

The App was just released today for you guys.

Tell us how the App works, from the looks of it, it looks like you guys got turn by turn directions.

Hmm, if true I might switch to Iphone so I can use Itunes. Although I don't know if I could deal with a smartphone having no widgets.

Comment

That's good for iOS 6 users. I'm still running iOS 5.1.1 so I still have the old google maps native app.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
        That's good for iOS 6 users. I'm still running iOS 5.1.1 so I still have the old google maps native app.
        I don't think it's just for iOS 6, it says minimum requirement is 5.1, check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
          Taking out the google maps is the reason I haven't updated to IO6 too. I'll wait for a few days to see how this works then maybe I'll update it once and for all.

Comment

Google is here to help you Apple users to get to places.

I know you Roller bladers were diverted wrongly.

Comment

Does it replace the stock maps app? Id like to download it but I dont want two apps that do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
                Google is here to help you Apple users to get to places.

I know you Roller bladers were diverted wrongly.

Comment

Originally posted by 713832281 View Post
                  Does it replace the stock maps app? Id like to download it but I dont want two apps that do the same thing.
                  No, it won't replace the app but it is far superior to the crApple maps. I downloaded it and I even like it more than the old native google map that apple had. Just throw the apple map app in a folder and forget about it. I'm very pleased with it so far. I put the native google app in a folder and I'll use this new one from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                    Taking out the google maps is the reason I haven't updated to IO6 too. I'll wait for a few days to see how this works then maybe I'll update it once and for all.
                    Check out the new app man. It's sick. Thanks to the TS for pointing it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X