Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Do you think the fake marriage proposal was classless?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will someone please explain how it was classless?

I didn't think it was funny, it was extremely corny. All I thought after it happened was "this dude is tripping he could have came up with something better than that."

I don't understand how it is viewed as classless at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
      Will someone please explain how it was classless?

I didn't think it was funny, it was extremely corny. All I thought after it happened was "this dude is tripping he could have came up with something better than that."

I don't understand how it is viewed as classless at the moment.
      Most of the men on this forum have vagina's.

Comment

Funny - Not really
        Classless - Probably

Boxing needs more entertainers and we are all talking about it so he achived teh objective. What we should all be talking about is his failings to make weight and teh repercussions of that. Instead his diversion tactic has caused everyone to talk about something else. Max, if he had any credibility should have just said "okay stop messing around and tell us why you indangered your opponents health by having a total disregard for the rules"

Comment

Sounds like a lot of people aren't up on things.

Escobedo proposed to his girl in the ring for real after one of his losses.
          Its bad enough that Broner didn't make wait on purpose and almost cost himself the fight, but to also mock him in the ring like that was disrespectful. I am sure that is one of the reasons Escobedo had some tears, yeah he got paid but he wasn't given a fair shake in the ring after the work he put in and then have to stand there and watch this kid mock him like that?

Comment

Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
            Most of the men on this forum have vagina's.
            I have said the same on here about posters before as well just used different words. But you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
              I have said the same on here about posters before as well just used different words. But you are right.
              I think it was classless because of the weight situation. IMO he could've used that time to apologize for not making weight and try to clean up the mess he made of this event.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                Sounds like a lot of people aren't up on things.

Escobedo proposed to his girl in the ring for real after one of his losses.
                Its bad enough that Broner didn't make wait on purpose and almost cost himself the fight, but to also mock him in the ring like that was disrespectful. I am sure that is one of the reasons Escobedo had some tears, yeah he got paid but he wasn't given a fair shake in the ring after the work he put in and then have to stand there and watch this kid mock him like that?
                For real? Escobedo proposed to his girl in the ring?

Damn Broner.........in that case, he kid doesnt have any class......thats just low, low low......

Comment

Let's face it everything about the guy is tacky and classless so much so its embarassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    I think it was classless because of the weight situation. IMO he could've used that time to apologize for not making weight and try to clean up the mess he made of this event.
                    Thats apples and oranges. He has nobody to apologize to but Escabedo. Which he probably didn't do which is wrong. Apologies don't always clean up the mess. Apologizing on tv to Escabedo would not have cleaned things up. Escabedo was compensated and the fight went on there was nothing else left to be done about the weight issue.

How was the event a mess if the show went on fight night without a hitch?

Know that I am not defending Broner not making weight that was just wrong and how he handled not making weight afterwards was even worse. Broner lost some major points with me behind that. But I am not one for public apologies because this didn't hurt the public cause the fight still went on. That was a situation where Broner on his own time owed Escabedo an apology and no one else.

Comment

• Originally posted by tredh View Post
                      Thats apples and oranges. He has nobody to apologize to but Escabedo. Which he probably didn't do which is wrong. Apologies don't always clean up the mess. Apologizing on tv to Escabedo would not have cleaned things up. Escabedo was compensated and the fight went on there was nothing else left to be done about the weight issue.

How was the event a mess if the show went on fight night without a hitch?

Know that I am not defending Broner not making weight that was just wrong and how he handled not making weight afterwards was even worse. Broner lost some major points with me behind that. But I am not one for public apologies because this didn't hurt the public cause the fight still went on. That was a situation where Broner on his own time owed Escabedo an apology and no one else.
                      I can respect your point, but the apology IMO was the right thing to do. He wasn't professional and it almost caused the show's cancellation. He also undermined what should have been seen as a very good win for someone his age.

He could have used the post fight interview to present himself in a better light given how unprofessional he looked.

Comment

Working...
                      X