Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn admits to overpaying Martin to secure IBF title for Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    I’m sure you boxingscene experts can bump the article but Suliamon or whatever his name is did say it was an eliminator but NOT a fina eliminator. I believe that was right before the card.
    He confirms the Breazeale-Molina winner is mandatory in the video below.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      There was no bid you tard. Hearn was offering great money to entice Wilder. If Hearn couldn't get Wilder to fight for 3 mil plus US TV rights, how the **** was he supposed to make it for 2 mil?
      You do know that this article the thread is apart of has a direct quote from Eddie Hearn saying he paid Charles Martin 6 million dollars to go to England to fight Anthony Joshua right? If a man who was champion for less time than Wilder and was thought of as a lesser fighter than Wilder got 6 million dollars to go to England then why should Wilder not demand more. I know Hearn said he overpaid Martin but that's not Wilder's fault. Hearn set the market.

Comment

• Some Wilder fans will argue black is white.

Saying Joshua ducked Ortiz for one.
        And the whole whyte vs wilder debate for two. You should try to remove your bias then re read what you are saying🤔

Comment

He confirms the Breazeale-Molina winner is mandatory in the video below.

That is actually not what he said. Holy ****. I can't believe I have to quote Lewis Black so often in conversations other than politics but here we go.
          There has to come a point where we can look at a piece of footage and acknowledge what the **** reality is.
          At no point in the video was it confirmed that the Breazeale/Molina winner would become the mandatory. I mean for ****'s sake. Its a short video. Not a lot of conversation going on for their to be confusion. When asked on more than one occassion if the winner becomes the mandatory Sulemain essentially says Stieverne was the mandatory, then there is another year before another mandatory is due and he expects things to happen within that year. The closest thing he said to confirming anything about Breazeale was that he would be eligible and the only assumption that can be made is that it is regarding an eliminator.
          Last edited by yankees7448; 12-29-2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
            You do know that this article the thread is apart of has a direct quote from Eddie Hearn saying he paid Charles Martin 6 million dollars to go to England to fight Anthony Joshua right? If a man who was champion for less time than Wilder and was thought of as a lesser fighter than Wilder got 6 million dollars to go to England then why should Wilder not demand more. I know Hearn said he overpaid Martin but that's not Wilder's fault. Hearn set the market.
            You're comparing Joshua's drawing power to Whyte's?

FFS there's some seriously ******ed people on this site.

Comment

You're comparing Joshua's drawing power to Whyte's?

FFS there's some seriously ******ed people on this site.

FFS someone talking about people being ******ed when they don't even know how to read. Dillian Whyte wasn't even mentioned in that post you quoted you muppet.

Comment

Feel free to post where I made that comparison. Give me the exact quote.
                You're saying Wilder should be paid more to fight Whyte, because Joshua paid Martin.

How are those things related. It's 4 different fighters entirely.

Comment

That is actually not what he said. Holy ****. I can't believe I have to quote Lewis Black so often in conversations other than politics but here we go.

At no point in the video was it confirmed that the Breazeale/Molina winner would become the mandatory. I mean for ****'s sake. Its a short video. Not a lot of conversation going on for their to be confusion. When asked on more than one occassion if the winner becomes the mandatory Sulemain essentially says Stieverne was the mandatory, then there is another year before another mandatory is due and he expects things to happen within that year. The closest thing he said to confirming anything about Breazeale was that he would be eligible and the only assumption that can be made is that it is regarding an eliminator.
                  A statement on the WBC website read: "This fight will be a final elimination, a fact that adds an extra ingredient of motivation to excel, whatever the odds."

This was on November 3rd addressing the Molina fight.

Breazeale is the mandatory bc he was ORIGINALLY fighting Stiverne for that spot .

Really is this that complicated ?

Even if the WBC finds loop holes around it , theres nothing to suggest Breazeale is not the mandatory right now .

Comment

FFS someone talking about people being ******ed when they don't even know how to read. Dillian Whyte wasn't even mentioned in that post you quoted you muppet.
                    Well you can't be talking about Joshua-Wilder, because he's certain to get more than 6 mil. Parker is going to get 12.

Keep trying to spin, everyone knows what you meant.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      A statement on the WBC website read: "This fight will be a final elimination, a fact that adds an extra ingredient of motivation to excel, whatever the odds."

This was on November 3rd addressing the Molina fight.

Breazeale is the mandatory bc he was ORIGINALLY fighting Stiverne for that spot .

Really is this that complicated ?

Even if the WBC finds loop holes around it , theres nothing to suggest Breazeale is not the mandatory right now .
                      Even Whyte has been complaining he's not the mandatory. We got idiots claiming he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X