Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be fair hybrid rules for boxer v mama fight ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    That's hard. I guess very close to kick boxing?
    Every MMA guy is trained in every block and punch a boxer throws they train with top boxing coaches all the time and spar pro boxers.

No boxer trains with kicks or elbows or with MMA moves, do you really expect a boxer to learn stuff he has never ever practiced ever . while the MMA guy has trained for many years to box .

You only got one area that is the same and thats stand up boxing , all the crying is about the boxer being so superior .

Comment

Fair would be to alternate rules round by round...
      Or to allow at least leg strikes every other round..
      This is not about fair though, it's about getting $$$$$$
      It's a circus sideshow...

Comment

This isnt the 1st time it would happen

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
          Now remember I'm talking about a 1 off fight not something where these guys are going train for ages in new areas or change sports. They fight and go back to their respective sports.

So what would be fair for both guys ?

I would think some kind of 6 ounce glove that can be used to grapple.

Allow grappling on the feet by not takedowns.

No submissions.

Elbows are allowed but not kicks or knees.

Fight is in a cage.

Is that too much in favour of boxing ? I dunno.

Remember the top mma guys have trained boxing for years, so imo the rules should be closer to boxing than mma to get a good fight.
          TBH, I'd have the same rules as you have. Boxers often train in various forms of grappling to be able to work on the inside but yeah, take downs being against the rules make sense because guys with longer wrestling experience would just pummel boxers on the ground.

The gloves can work well for the MMA guys, claw back some advantage. IMO, I say, allow kicks but no submissions.

Still keep it in the ring but make the rounds similar to UFC limits, so for a champ bout, five 5 minute rounds.

Comment

I don't think you can hybrid up the rules very much before putting the boxer at a disadvantage. I mean f#ck boxers aren't prepared or trained to deal with stand up grappling or feet coming at them. The average boxer has spent zero time training for those disciplines being used against them let alone pure wrestling or BJJ.

So I think about the only thing that hybrids the two sports is using lighter gloves if not standard MMA gloves that'll make a KO more likely with less punches which I feel will negate some of the boxers edge with outboxing and makes a more hole-y defense without the bigger standard issue boxing gloves.

Comment

Working...
            X