Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cherry picking gone wrong part 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this was UFC, people would call those fights ''The best fighting the best."

When looking at the upsets over the years, maybe people should have a bit more respect for world ranked fighters.

Comment

Some of those aren't cherry picks.

Like Pirog vs. Jacobs. That was for the vacant WBO title. I wouldn't even say Quillin vs. Lee was a cherry pick despite Quillin refusing to face Korobov.

Otherwise it was a good list:

Tony Thompson vs. David Price was a cherry pick gone way wrong. At that time Price was being heralded as the one to stop the Klitschko reign. Huge puncher and undefeated and Kellie Maloney put him in with a Klitschko victim expecting similar results and it backfired.

Mares vs. Gonzalez. Fight pretty much ended Mares' career and he was a massive 10-1 favorite to win against a fading champion and he gets KOed in the first round.

Of course, IMO, the biggest example of the cherry pick gone wrong was Garcia vs. Herrera. That fight did a number on Garcia's reputation and he still hasn't recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        He's a ****boy so no. Besides, Floyd won.

Beer, you know the deal. I'm not even hating.

Manny kept his pride and didn't take the insulting $40 mil, no ppv offer. Instead he fought a guy he claimed "he had nothing more to prove with. KTFO 6.

That is definition 1-fighting an easy hand selected opponent rather than top competition.

Last time I checked pac won the 3rd fight too. #umad

Comment

the first one on that videos got to be the best, think youve got an easy fight against some no hoper whos been knocked out a couple of times, ends up being one of the best offensive fighters of all time lol

Comment

damn didnt realise herrera was ranked that low at the time of the garcia fight

Comment

That was a good vid

Comment

Lol, didn't realize Kirkland was undefeated high rising prospect when he lost to Ishida.

Fun Fact:
                Ishida went up 4 weight classes (MW->HW) in 8 months.

Great vid as always by Hancho.

Comment

Guerrero vs teh cab driver is ATG

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    Last time I checked pac won the 3rd fight too. #umad
                    JMM ended the series in brutal fashion. #pacsleeponhisface

Comment

kirkland's chin.....

Comment

Working...
                      X