Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROGER MAYWEATHER: Khan Probably BEATS Canelo Because Of His Style & Skills [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Simple; as a free marketing piece to promote the upcoming fight. Not that complicated.

Floyd likely figured that 1)the heat that Maidana picked up for beating Broner was real and 2)Amir Khan, in his desperation for the fight, would push the fight on social media, and generate a real backlash.

No one expected the backlash to be a serious as it was, but it did put extra heat on the Maidana fight, making for a better business proposition for Floyd.

Floyd is longer than Khan, Floyd's ring IQ is worlds better than Khan's, and Floyd's consistently been able to push a hard pace for 12 rounds, if needed. Amir Khan has fast hands, but he lingers too long once he starts firing and has the damnedest time sticking to any one gameplan for more than 4-5 rounds. give it up already.
    Again, all just excuses which we've heard before to justify him avoiding Khan. The reality is that Khan won the official poll but Floyd avoided him to fight someone that Khan already beat.

That's the reality of what happened. Instead of offering excuses why not just admit the truth? A boxing version of Khan was a much more difficult proposition for Floyd than Maidana. And Khan already beat Maidana.

What would you guys have said, for example, if Floyd had a poll between Bradley and let's say Alexander. Bradley won the poll but Floyd picked Alexander instead. I'm sure the excuses would still be there, it seems you guys would try to justify anything Floyd does regardless, which is understandable as you're his fans and that's what fans do.

The guy can do no wrong in your eyes, but I'm just stating the facts without those rose-colored spectacles that fans have -- Floyd avoided Khan and fought someone Khan already beat even though Khan won his official poll to fight him. I'd say exactly the same thing regardless of which two fighters were in the poll, especially if one of the fighters had previously beaten the other (such as in the Bradley-Alexander example).

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
      I'm shocked at the number of people giving Khan this much of a chance. And I'm talking fighters and trainers who I respect. They obviously KSAB but I just don't see it.
      I think they're banking on Khan's speed and footwork being too good for Canelo but it all depends how he'll make the transition to 155 in my mind. If he retains all the speed he's in with a shot.

Canelo is pretty fast himself although Cotto did make him miss quite a lot of shots with his footwork and he caught him a lot of times too. I'm rewatching the fight now, on and off.. So far at round 6, I got 3 rounds a piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
        I don't necesserily consider everything professionals say as reasonable or important because i believe among them are lucky amateurs.
        But there are technicians who devote themselves to boxing, like Roger. Before calling him crazy be sure that you have seen more than him.
        Like you Christians say: "Respect thy elders"
        True, Roger obviously knows his stuff in boxing. The one prediction I remember he was off on was Cotto vs Pacquiao but he failed to factor in the catchweight that time and how Cotto was affected by it.

There is a possibility that he's overlooked the prohibitive weight disadvantage that Khan has in this fight and how that might play into it so he's pretty convinced Khan wins fairly comfortably based upon skills, style and speed alone. Maybe if he's reminded of the weight disadvantage he might have it closer to a 50-50, or maybe he still thinks Khan's too good for Canelo, who knows...

Comment

Working...
        X