No announcement yet.

Rate Broners defensive skills

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    He'd be better if he did more of a catch and shoot style instead of his poor shoulder rolls. Catch-and-shoot will bring out his naturally fast hands as opposed to attempting to be a defensive wizard.
    Yeah i mentioned this the other day, not just about Broner but young fighters getting into boxing in general. They're looking at Mayweather, his undefeated records/status/money and think that Mayweather style = success and it doesn't. The successful fighters throughout history have fought natural to the way it suits them to fight.

It just so happens Floyd's physical gifts work for the style he uses, but it won't work for most. He was/is an exceptional talent that can't be emulated , like every other great fighter. You have to find what works to make you be the best fighter you can be, not be a cheap imitation of somebody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      Obviously on offence there just isn't enough of it.

But on defence does broner impress you.

He tries to use the shoulder roll but still gets caught. But he shakes his head a lot.
      He doesn't have active enough feet to let Floyd's Shell really work for him; if he's still bent on using the style, he probably needs to adopt a more 'James Toney'-type or just the oldschool crab-type Shell defense.

Comment

Might actually be harder to land on a heavy bag than on Broner.
        I'd say that's pretty impressive.

Comment

He's a hype job. The only attribute I see from him is he has good hand speed. That's it. The kid has no fundamentals. Shame on his trainers for never teaching him to be on his toes and have any sort of footwork. Him and Andre Berto both need to stop ph*ckin with that shoulder roll and keep their hands up. Y'all ain't Floyd man, stop it already. We know they only do it because Floyd does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            Obviously on offence there just isn't enough of it.

But on defence does broner impress you.

He tries to use the shoulder roll but still gets caught. But he shakes his head a lot.
            He reminds me of Sugar Ray Leonard. He could be boxer of the decade, there is still time.

Comment

Sub-par, just like everything about him.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                Sub-par, just like everything about him.
                This......

Comment

He does the same shoulder roll as Berto, get hit and nod your head.

Comment

In a slow paced fight at long distance his defense is good. Against a skilled fighter who comes at him hard throwing fast combinations from angles his defense is terrible. It consists of a desperation bear hug and holding on for dear life. This was clearly shown in both of his losses. He also resorts to dirty tactics, wrestling and palming his opponent in the face. Broner will always lose to the best aggressive punchers who come at him hard and fast with both hands blazing. Guys like Matthysse, Porter, Maidana, Ruslin and Pacquiao will beat him every time in my opinion. I think Khan would beat Broner too unless Khan ran into a big shot. Broner is a very hard puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      In a slow paced fight at long distance his defense is good. Against a skilled fighter who comes at him hard throwing fast combinations from angles his defense is terrible. It consists of a desperation bear hug and holding on for dear life. This was clearly shown in both of his losses. He also resorts to dirty tactics, wrestling and palming his opponent in the face. Broner will always lose to the best aggressive punchers who come at him hard and fast with both hands blazing. Guys like Matthysse, Porter, Maidana, Ruslin and Pacquiao will beat him every time in my opinion. I think Khan would beat Broner too unless Khan ran into a big shot. Broner is a very hard puncher.
                      Not convinced by his power at 140/147, he went 12 with Carlos Molina and life and death with Emmanuel Taylor. Khan stopped Molina when he was unbeaten.
                      And John Molina said he has pop but nothing special...then again he was coming off a fight with Matthysse.

Comment

Working...
                      X