No announcement yet.

The Infinite Universe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Infinite Universe

Most physicists agree with the notion that the Universe is Infinite, it's quite a scary thought if you actually think of it.. There are identical copies of you out there and everything which could possible happen, has happened an infinite amount of times and continues to do so right as we speak.

so is the reverse... how small particles can go is just as mindblowing...

Comment

Isn't there theories floating around that our universe is finite, but there might be multiple "pocket' universes?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        Isn't there theories floating around that our universe is finite, but there might be multiple "pocket' universes?
        I think the theory is called superstrings... barn and piggy are the best guys around to ask about this...

how are you pea?

Comment

Why would we assume our universe to be finite? We'll never prove it for absolute certain because we are restricted by the speed of light and time.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
            I think the theory is called superstrings... barn and piggy are the best guys around to ask about this...

how are you pea?
            I'm good, wise one.

How about yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
              Why would we assume our universe to be finite? We'll never prove it for absolute certain because we are restricted by the speed of light and time.
              Well since you have your mind made up already...

I'm not a physicist, nor ever claimed to be.

I said "theories" being floated around by people with much greater intellect and understanding of the math and subject as myself.

Comment

I'm good, wise one.

How about yourself?
                'been busy with work... it has robbed me of my time I use to hang around here...

there was an episode of a science programme hosted by by morgan freeman that touched on the topic not unlike your question from your previous post... lemme see if I can find the link...

EDIT: this blackberry handset can't access the desktop version of youtube... naaah, maybe later...
                Last edited by talip bin osman; 11-15-2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                  'been busy with work... it has robbed me of my time I use to hang around here...

there was an episode of a science programme hosted by by morgan freeman that touched on the topic not unlike your question from your previous post... lemme see if I can find the link...

EDIT: this blackberry handset can't access the desktop version of youtube... naaah, maybe later...
                  http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/through-the-wormhole/

Brilliant series, i watched a few.

Not sure if you can view the whole of the series on there , it was just to give you an idea what to search.

And for the other guy who said barn and squeal are the best , it's true.

But Barn has discovered this thing called VODKA lol, so he will be Pishhhed as a fart by now lolololololol so you won't get no sense out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                    Most physicists agree with the notion that the Universe is Infinite, it's quite a scary thought if you actually think of it.. There are identical copies of you out there and everything which could possible happen, has happened an infinite amount of times and continues to do so right as we speak.

so there is a parallel universe bscene site where there are identical copies of maniac, jackburton, larryx, tunney etc..?

Comment

Working...
                    X