No announcement yet.

Erislandy lara is #1 contender to floyd/canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erislandy lara is #1 contender to floyd/canelo

After 3 title eliminators and 1 wba interim belt erislandy is being ducked not just by fighters but by his own promotional company?!? Wtf, now thats how you know boxing is corrupt. This title eliminator nonsence started when they tried to get the wbc #1 contender out of the picture by robbing a decision with paul williams, that didnt work! Lol so they tried to do it again with martirosyan and they had to settle for a draw cause a loss would of been called a robery again.Now with angulo they really steped it up with all the dirty stuff they pulled with hydration limit to angulo having unlimited stamina he was on somethin imo, and it still wasnt enough to beat the kid frm cuba with a heart of a lion.

Originally posted by edwinteamDSG View Post
    After 3 title eliminators and 1 wba interim belt erislandy is being ducked not just by fighters but by his own promotional company?!? Wtf, now thats how you know boxing is corrupt. This title eliminator nonsence started when they tried to get the wbc #1 contender out of the picture by robbing a decision with paul williams, that didnt work! Lol so they tried to do it again with martirosyan and they had to settle for a draw cause a loss would of been called a robery again.Now with angulo they really steped it up with all the dirty stuff they pulled with hydration limit to angulo having unlimited stamina he was on somethin imo, and it still wasnt enough to beat the kid frm cuba with a heart of a lion.
    It's a sad state of affairs when you come up the hard way and still cannot get a shot. He's beat everyone who they put infront of him, he's faced everyone who was being ducked but still no shot. It makes me sick.

When Mayweather and Canelo fight what's going to happen to the regular WBA belt?

Comment

Canelo would beat Lara.

Comment

He would probably fight Canelo if Canelo loses to Mayweather. But then again his profile is so low that GBP might not want to risk him fighting Canelo in case he beats Canelo.

Comment

Absolutely ridiculous. Why call them title eliminators if they don't ever get him a shot at a title? Just call them what they are: "Delude him into thinking he'll get a shot while we REALLY hope he loses" fights.

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
            It's a sad state of affairs when you come up the hard way and still cannot get a shot. He's beat everyone who they put infront of him, he's faced everyone who was being ducked but still no shot. It makes me sick.

When Mayweather and Canelo fight what's going to happen to the regular WBA belt?

Lara is #11 at 154 lbs. He still needs to beat 2-3 more top 10 guys to move up. Let's get Lara vs Kirkland next,relax with the Floyd /Canelo ****e. Lara lost to Paul Williams(record says loss ,lol),Carlos Moilna (only his family had him in a draw in that one,he lost), and he lost to Vanes(the partiallly scored round saved him there after he butted Vanes).Lara has 1 impressive win (Angulo) and 2-3 wins over top 30-35 guys like : Hearns and Fernandez.

My top 10 at 154 right now:

1 Floyd
            2 Canelo
            3 Trout
            4 Cotto
            5 Molina...he beat Lara..great resume
            6 K9..former world champ with pretty good resume
            7 Ishe Smith..world champ..better competition
            8 Kirkland 31-1 w/ 27 KO. I think he KTFO's Lara in less than 3 if he trains.
            9 Vanes M (32-0)..and he was beating Lara handidly
            10 Zaurbek Baysangurov (28-1)...he looked terrible vs K9 but is fighting Andrade soon,we'll all see if he is deserving or not.

Comment

Lara certainly deserves a title shot. If Floyd wins then Lara will be the #1 contender for the new Jr. Jr. middleweight 152 pound world title.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                He would probably fight Canelo if Canelo loses to Mayweather. But then again his profile is so low that GBP might not want to risk him fighting Canelo in case he beats Canelo.
                I think when "Canelo" loses to Floyd, a Lara fight is likely to happen. The whole reason Alvarez hasn't fought a guy like Erislandy yet is because of a Mayweather fight. I was surprised they allowed Saul to fight Trout. I suppose his people were that confident.

Comment

Originally posted by marvelousmatt View Post
                  Lara is #11 at 154 lbs. He still needs to beat 2-3 more top 10 guys to move up. Let's get Lara vs Kirkland next,relax with the Floyd /Canelo ****e. Lara lost to Paul Williams(record says loss ,lol),Carlos Moilna (only his family had him in a draw in that one,he lost), and he lost to Vanes(the partiallly scored round saved him there after he butted Vanes).Lara has 1 impressive win (Angulo) and 2-3 wins over top 30-35 guys like : Hearns and Fernandez.

My top 10 at 154 right now:

1 Floyd
                  2 Canelo
                  3 Trout
                  4 Cotto
                  5 Molina...he beat Lara..great resume
                  6 K9..former world champ with pretty good resume
                  7 Ishe Smith..world champ..better competition
                  8 Kirkland 31-1 w/ 27 KO. I think he KTFO's Lara in less than 3 if he trains.
                  9 Vanes M (32-0)..and he was beating Lara handidly
                  10 Zaurbek Baysangurov (28-1)...he looked terrible vs K9 but is fighting Andrade soon,we'll all see if he is deserving or not.

Lara, #11? "K-9", #6? C'mon.

Erislandy is top-five. I can see why you'd think he lost to Molina; but it was a close fight, and not just one his "family" thought he won. A draw was a fair decision. It can be argued more strongly that Lara beat Martirosyan than the other way around. And please, don't even bring up the Williams "loss," even in jest.
                  Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 06-15-2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Laras a good boxer but hes stunk up the joint far too many times. He can put on an entertaining fight if matched up with the right opponent.

Comment

Working...
                    X