Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Else Disappointed In GGG's.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    So a great performance for you is a fight with knockdowns and a TKO/KO stoppage? Lets completely ignore the fact that he beat the **** out of Rosado and then got the TKO stoppage and call it "disappointing" because he didnt knock him down
    You have to place it against the background of the 'hype', don't forget some people were calling him a Mike Tyson of the middleweight division.

He won, he looked good, but not spectacular - and I think a lot of people were expecting spectacular against an okay-ish opponent moving up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      You have to place against the background of the 'hype', don't forget some people were calling him a Mike Tyson of the middleweight division.

He won, he looked good, but not spectacular - and I think a lot of people were expecting spectacular against an okay-ish opponent moving up in weight.
      This................

Comment

I think he did fine, people just hold him to a higher standard. He still dominated Rosado and his monstrous punches nearly took Rosado's face off.

Comment

Nope, he cant blast everyone out

Rosado looked broken even before the stoppage, he had taken a good acumulation of punches, he had blood pissing out from everywhere and the fight was starting to leave him. The KO was only another 1 - 2 rounds away

GGG is still as bad ass as he was before the Rosado fight

Comment

You have to place it against the background of the 'hype', don't forget some people were calling him a Mike Tyson of the middleweight division.

This is one the best post I have seen from you in a long time, When your hyped up to a certain level with the way GGG was hyped over the last 2/3 months then nothing short of exceptional would do, I was hearing Tyson, Hagler etc just to name a few, How Martinez, Chavez etc were scared

Comment

People are calling his power Tyson-esque, nobody is calling him Mike Tyson of MW. If you wanna hold him up to a ridiculous standerd, then thats you. Expecting "spectacular" performances is gonna set you up for disappointment. GGG did what was expected of him

He beat the **** outta the guy forcing a stoppage, yet its not good enough

Comment

Rosado was looking like two-face..

That was a brutal beating, don't know what more they wanted out of GGG? lol pretty ridiculous. GGG is the real deal

Comment

Hearing Max say "he was just getting word" that Golovkin was sick and almost canceled the fight was absolutely hilarious. How many times is HBO going to use that one when one of their guys isn't overly impressive?

Comment

I wouldn't say disappointed, I expected a better performance out of Golovkin but sometimes guys don't meet expectations. Golovkin under performed a bit and Rosado came to fight, it is not like Golovkin shit the bed he dominated so it really isn't that crucial unless it becomes a trend.

Comment

Rosado looked really good and still got ****ed up. People need to not take away from Gannady, they should really be looking at how much Rosado had improved. Then again, I'm assuming most people watch fights and just want damage done. They don't look at adjustments, movements, strategy, combo finishes, or angles.

Comment

Working...
                      X