Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner vs. Burns in The Mix For February Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burns is fighting in December, i don't see how he would be able to make a fight of that magnitude just two months later.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeMack View Post
      Burns isn't in the top 20 fighters in his weight class
      Anyone who really believes that knows little about boxing. Broner might be too much for the Scot when the time comes, but Ricky Burns is a damn good fighter.

Comment

People are really pressing Broner. Yeah, he's probably already the best lightweight but let the kid knock some head before forcing him up into another class. Burns will get iced but at least let Broner enjoy the dominance of a division. You guys probably want to throw the 23 year old pup in there with JMM right now.

Comment

Such a bs fight burns like demarco are garbage fighters. This is such a mismatch broner by ko in less then 4rds. Broner needs to get serious and fight Vazquez or April those are the best of the division.

Comment

I'm liking broner's movements at lightweights

Comment

Makes sense to make this fight.

Hope it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                People are really pressing Broner. Yeah, he's probably already the best lightweight but let the kid knock some head before forcing him up into another class. Burns will get iced but at least let Broner enjoy the dominance of a division. You guys probably want to throw the 23 year old pup in there with JMM right now.
                He actually wants that himself

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner Eyes Juan Manuel Marquez, Ricky Burns

http://www.boxingscene.com/adrien-br...y-burns--59485

I'd actually favor him over Marquez at this point.

Comment

Burns is a solid opponent, if Boner can make it look easy against him then he's the goods.

Comment

Sure why not their's not to much at 135 for Broner. I would like Khan to win next week so maybe GBP can used Khan as a stepping stone for Broner at 140 in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      I don't know man, I want him to move up after Burns. The Gesta/Vazquez winner ain't all that, and they're Top Rank aren't they? GBP/Top Rank won't negotiate for such an unimportant fight. If Broner beats Burns, he becomes the 135 Ring champion and can just vacate and move up. 135 sucks. DeMarco and Burns were the only fighters I wanted to see Broner fight, because they're the best there. Looks like Broner is giving me just that. I will be pleased with just those two fights. The really good fights are at 140.
                      That is absolutely right. That changes everything. Broner probably only has 1 or 2 more fights at this weight. So maybe he can do Broner/Burns then face Gamboa and move up in 2014 or the end of 2013.

Comment

Working...
                      X