Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you remember what your first thought was when you found out about 9/11

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was 12 or 13 at the time. Didn't really care and I was living in Alabama at the time so it really had no effect on me at the time.

Comment

Stupidest thing.. I'll bet I was closer to the towers than most of the posters on this site yet I bet I found out the latest.

I was on the bus somewhere on 5th Ave, probably in the 80s (Manhattan) when the first plane hit. Knew nothing.

I was walking west on 59th around 6th avenue when the second plane hit. Knew nothing.

I was attending John Jay University on 59th and 10th at the time. Around 11:00am, something was said, everyone was told to leave the school. I wasn't sure what happened till about 12:30. From 62nd and Madison, I was able to see all the smoke which was about 7 miles south from me.

My first thought was to punch a hot dog vendor. I'm not joking either. I was 20 years old at the time.

Comment

ANGRY

Comment

Was in the early days of year 8 at school. Got picked up by my Mum and Sister at 3:45pm UK time (about 1 and 1/2 hours after the planes hit) and until then no-one at school knew a thing about it. Got in the car, my sister said to me "America is under attack". I reacted by asking "by who?". She said "2 planes have flown into the World Trade Center". I had no idea what the WTC was at the time.

Once I got home and we had the TV on I was in shock at the devastation even at that age and watching the replays. I can't remember if I saw the second tower collapse live or not but it was all very shocking to watch. School the next day was strange as you could tell every group in the whole playground was talking about the attacks.

Comment

That the US would inevitably go to war over it and reinstate the draft. Half right.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Stupidest thing.. I'll bet I was closer to the towers than most of the posters on this site yet I bet I found out the latest.

I was on the bus somewhere on 5th Ave, probably in the 80s (Manhattan) when the first plane hit. Knew nothing.

I was walking west on 59th around 6th avenue when the second plane hit. Knew nothing.

I was attending John Jay University on 59th and 10th at the time. Around 11:00am, something was said, everyone was told to leave the school. I wasn't sure what happened till about 12:30. From 62nd and Madison, I was able to see all the smoke which was about 7 miles south from me.

My first thought was to punch a hot dog vendor. I'm not joking either. I was 20 years old at the time.
              I was on chambers with my uncle. I posted what I experienced a page back or so.

Comment

i was working on a new construction job in a refinery. security was kind of relaxed back then. i snipped the chainlink fence to go smoke a joint in my car in the parking lot. my boss(cool guy) followed me out to my car & busted me(never ratted me out for snipping fence). as he was telling me how lucky i was it was him who busted me the radio had the news update that the twin towers had just been hit by 2 planes...that's where i was when it happened

Comment

Working...
                X