No announcement yet.

David Price vs David Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
    I don't see how you can win a Bronze medal in the Olympics with "zero boxing talent". Id go with Haye if he actually decided to let his hands go.
    Did you forget what happened to Sisley Harrison last week. He won a GOLD medal and is an embarrasment

Comment

Haye had a few shaky moments against Chisora, a genuine heavyweight who walked through many of his punches.

Price is also a genuine heavy with arguably more boxing ability than Chis, so Haye could find it tough.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Haye had a few shaky moments against Chisora, a genuine heavyweight who walked through many of his punches..
        He really didn't.

None at all.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          He really didn't.

None at all.
          That's not how I remembered the fight, moreover Haye selected a fairly partial referee in Luis Pabon on his side. Pabon is the same guy who wouldn't let Andre Ward fight on the inside against Abraham and splits fighters at every opportunity.

Haye thinks he's slick with his trash-talk and pre-fight advantages but he's really just a sneak who won't test himself against top heavyweight contenders.

Yet, when he had his shot at the best he was more interested in his childish pre-fight boast about not getting knocked than actually having the guts to try to win the fight.

Then of course came the toe.

Sorry gmc, he lost me. Not what boxing needs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            That's not how I remembered the fight, moreover Haye selected a fairly partial referee in Luis Pabon on his side. Pabon is the same guy who wouldn't let Andre Ward fight on the inside against Abraham and splits fighters at every opportunity.

Haye thinks he's slick with his trash-talk and pre-fight advantages but he's really just a sneak who won't test himself against top heavyweight contenders.

Yet, when he had his shot at the best he was more interested in his childish pre-fight boast about not getting knocked than actually having the guts to try to win the fight.

Then of course came the toe.

Sorry gmc, he lost me. Not what boxing needs.
            That's perfectly fine, I don't expect everyone to be a fan of Haye.

He certainly had no problems with Chisora though, he barely took a clean shot, he was never even slightly troubled, he won every round, smacked Chisora around and stopped him, which nobody had ever done.

I do agree he should have been more attacking against Wlad, but at the same time, both of them were defensive in that fight which resulted in a stinker so...I believe Haye has the most talent at HW, I hope he goes on to prove that.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              That's perfectly fine, I don't expect everyone to be a fan of Haye.

He certainly had no problems with Chisora though, he barely took a clean shot, he was never even slightly troubled, he won every round, smacked Chisora around and stopped him, which nobody had ever done.

I do agree he should have been more attacking against Wlad, but at the same time, both of them were defensive in that fight which resulted in a stinker so...I believe Haye has the most talent at HW, I hope he goes on to prove that.
              Since you're a fan (and I used to be) what is your take on Haye's refusal to stay active against other top heavyweights?

Comment

First solid right hand ends the fight, and I think Haye lands it.

Comment

It's crazy how hype affects people. I don't know how anyone could pick Price, he's done what he was supposed to do against weak opponents. Price while having good power has done nothing that makes me believe he would beat Haye. When/if he starts beating "quality" opponents that might change.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    It's crazy how hype affects people. I don't know how anyone could pick Price, he's done what he was supposed to do against weak opponents. Price while having good power has done nothing that makes me believe he would beat Haye. When/if he starts beating "quality" opponents that might change.
                    What did haye do at hw? His biggest win was over valuev which was a close fight with one of the worst HW champions...

People are so blinded by haye's victory over chisora. Chisora is tailor-made for haye - slow, overaggressive fighter. And moreover chisora was in the worse shape than when he was fighting vitali, he had a less respect for haye and he fought a very stupid fight.

How he got KOed is due to some very weird and stupid move of changing the stance and trying to punch like a girl from above...
                    I can't see nothing on haye's resume that would even slightly convince me that he is the most talented HW. Surly he is quick, but as he is coming from cruiseweight that's to be expected...

Comment

If haye cant get Vital or Wlad next, and hasnt got the opportunity to show the world he can be the best heavyweight in the world, at least he can prove hes the best in the UK first cos there are many who dont think he is.

If haye can beat either Price or Fury, at least he can lay claim to being top candidate for being no1, but as it stands right now, hes known for being the man who beat Audley or better still Chisora.
                      Last edited by hugh grant; 10-16-2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X