No announcement yet.

Let's say Gamboa dominates Rios...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's say Gamboa dominates Rios...

Either he dishes out a beating and gets a KO, or boxes his ears off. Let's just pretend for a moment that happens...that Gamboa looks amazing and the weight gain isn't a problem whatsoever.

Would you then..........want to see Gamboa vs Pacquiao at say 140 pounds if the PBF fight still isn't going down? JMM vs Gamboa? Khan vs Gamboa? Bradley vs Gamboa? Maidana? What big fight would you like to see?

Or would you simply like him to stick at 135, not push his luck, and fight lesser named guys like DeMarco, etc.?

it depends if rios is weight drained or not....

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
      it depends if rios is weight drained or not....
      ok, let's suspend logical thinking & reality and whatever else you might think and let's say Rios looks perfectly fine, he simply lost to the better fighter in Gamboa.

I know most people think Rios will likely win but I'm just saying "what if" because I'm trying to look at it from Gamboa's point of view. He wants the big fights, he's likely not going to stick at 135 either if he does win, since he's going after big money and there is no big money fights at 135...

Comment

would like to see gamboa stay at 135 for a while, he's almost 30 years old, going up into higher divisions back to back might not be the easiest thing in the world considering he's fighting at 126

Comment

if he does a job over Rios at 140 and Rios doesn't look a mess from the weight, then 147 wouldn't seem too far from the question either, but now it feels like I'm really getting ahead of myself.

Gamboa vs Pac or vs Khan would have me really interested, but i can't see it happening

Comment

I'd like to see him fight Marquez anywhere between 135 and 140. Then Pacquiao.

Comment

at 140 i think alvarado deserves a big fight id love a gamboa vs alvarado if gamboa moves up properly

Comment

that would be gamboa's nightmare because somebody will come out to accuse gamboa of taking some illegal *****s that can only be found in cuba for him to go up 2 divisions and beat rios.

Comment

I don't know I just be so shocked by that result, I think 135 is pushing it for Gamboa and think that would be his limit. Then again, I could have never seen Pacquiao competing at 147 and busting guys up.

Comment

I'm really not sure with Gamboa.

Maybe Bradley or a Joan Guzman fight will interest me.

At this stage, even if he beats Rios, he's not ready for Pac. Two complete different types of fighters.
                    Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 01-31-2012, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X