Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you ever try arguing with someone who knows nothing about boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, on almost a daily basis, whenever I visit this board.

Comment

I do it almost everytime I log on to this website.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
        Exactly. I called him later that night, and I told him that me and him were gonna box the next day, and he'll see how much of a sport it is and how much skill it takes to do. I went to his house the next day, and he didn't want any of it, haha. It was pretty funny. Except he kept talking **** about it, so I just ignored him.

There's really no cure like sparring for a newbie. Preferably for someone who knows what hes doing.

He will find it's no fun to get hit in the head, and even very in shape guys are winded fast, kind of fun to torture people like that.

But I recommend just have him train in the gym. He will be going to bed early that night and if he does enough, perhaps won't be able to lift his arms or walk to well the next day.

That would be the ideal situation.

Comment

Originally posted by mike ruler View Post
          Sure you weren't talking bout MMA? check with your friend again...lol
          lol, so boxing isn't two guys with gloves trying to beat each other up?

There goes one guy who doesn't know **** about boxing.

Comment

i was arguing with a friend of mine who dont know **** about boxing and he tried to tell me that Kimbo slice would dominate in boxing cause he doesnt hav to worry about gettin kicked or taken to the ground. i was so pissed by that **** i wanted to giv him a lever shot

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              There's really no cure like sparring for a newbie. Preferably for someone who knows what hes doing.

He will find it's no fun to get hit in the head, and even very in shape guys are winded fast, kind of fun to torture people like that.

But I recommend just have him train in the gym. He will be going to bed early that night and if he does enough, perhaps won't be able to lift his arms or walk to well the next day.

That would be the ideal situation.
              Exactly, there's a big difference between being in shape and being in boxing shape. Especially for someone who hasn't trained, the first time they do it, they'll see that's it's no joke.

Comment

The first time I went to a boxing gym, I came out looking like I took a jump in a pool, and it takes a lot to make me sweat. One of the most physically hardening things iv ever done. I have also took Brazlian, Japanese jui jit su, and Thai Kick Boxing for half a year. That was easy compared to boxing.
                Last edited by one-Punch; 08-28-2009, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                  Yes, on almost a daily basis, whenever I visit this board.
                  lol! beat me to it!

Comment

went out to the bars the other night. Saw a couple of my friends "drinking friends" and we started talking **** and what not. Some how boxing got into the convo. First they said mayweather will kill the "nobody" he is fighting and two that manny pacquiao will knockout cotto within 3 rounds and kept on saying cotto is a bum he hasn't beat anybody. So i reply he just got done beating clottey the ibf ww champion. One kid replys jason clottey sucks thats when i said o alright bet 100 dollars on the cotto fight so he accpeted the offer. Atleast one other kid said dude u know cotto can fight and pacquiao is a lil hyped right now and the other kid laughed and said lets go yankees lol true f'n story. Red sox fan in central new york it sucks

Comment

isnt this how mma fans feel when a boxing fan tells them their isnt much skill involved in their sport, and anyone can do it. Especially when a ****** fan has an orgasm when floyd says "jack of all trades, master of none", which makes no sense at all. Im a boxing fan, but for some reason alot of boxing fans have a dumb way of looking at things

Comment

Working...
                      X