Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paulie Malignaggi: Greatest Commentator Ever!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paulie Malignaggi: Greatest Commentator Ever!

He's better than Lampley, Merchant, Kellerman and one of my favourites, Al Bernstein. He has the right balance between energetic commentary and detachment from the boxers themselves to just focussing on the action. He has a wonderful vocal pitch, that's not smarmy like Kellerman or too corporate, gritty yet sweet...everything he says is spot on. Really, I haven't heard him say anything that comes of as showy or pretentious. I could listen to him for hours. I hope he keeps doing it, and it's not a temporary thing. He could end up being the most famous commentator in boxing for the 1's, 2's and 3's - like Merchant, except likeable.

Paulie "catch and shoot" malinagi

Comment

He'd be really great if his opinions weren't so god awful.

Comment

Very good boxing commentator. Terrible human being.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Very good boxing commentator. Terrible human being.
          Who are you to judge him? We're all sinners.

Comment

I haven't heard him too much on Showtime (i think it's showtime he works for?). But it's a pain when he's on SKY Sports IMO. Him and Jim Watt end up arguing/trying to out-do each other all the time.

Comment

agreed, paulie impresses behind the mic.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
                Who are you to judge him? We're all sinners.
                Save that BS for someone else. This is an opinion forum and I'm entitled to an opinion, and Paulie is a piece of s#it.

Comment

Idk about ever among all or just all nowadays, but I think he's the best active boxer who commentates that I've ever seen. Most of the past active guys seem like the shy kid who you always gotta talk to them to get them to talk or they talk about themselves a little too much, neither of which Paulie does.

He's for sure one of my favs today & part of my dream commentator team (Bernstein, Kellerman & Paulie).
                  Last edited by Eff Pandas; 03-05-2016, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Voice is grating. Used to make great, insightful calls but he's slipping. I think he's gotten punchy these last couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                    X