No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Eyes Cinco De Mayo Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sterilizer View Post
    I'm just amazed at how idiotic most of the comments about JMM are on here.

The guy is 42, haven't you people/morons who dare talk about him fighting Pacquiao again, or any other elite fighter, realized that he is too old to fight anybody who is still in a good shape?

OMG it's so pathetic to read all this. When he was in top form, at lightweight which was his best weight ever, he could fight anyone and defeat them (I mean at that weight he could have defeated anyone including Manny and Floyd, the problem was that he had to move up to weight classes where he wasn't good).

He was in top form about 10 years ago. Honestly I think he really got lucky vs. Manny, because the latter was simply stupid for a couple of seconds and you just can't do that vs. a guy like JMM. But if anyone watched that fight, it was the only one where Manny was really killing JMM, because of the latter's age. Bradley and even Alvarado also exposed him as an old guy in need of retirement.

So, if at 42 this guy wants to retire in Mexico, fighting OBVIOUSLY somebody who will not be elite (there are not any elite fighters today other older than 40 y/o than maybe Hopkins and his age already got exposed as well vs. Kovalev).

As I mentioned before, a fight vs. Mosley would be great.

And he surely has a point criticizing Canelo, because JMM was a real elite fighter with everything: boxing, combinations, defense, attack, speed, good movement, intelligence, and he made himself through had work, also he has never drained himself to come to fights 10-20 pounds heavier than the opponent. And actually he has had a bunch of decisions where he could or should have won, exactly the very opposite to Canelo, all of this because one is a more typical-looking Mexican and the other doesn't look like an average Mexican does but is rather white, a redhead and doesn't even speak English, all of this making him some sort of a novelty and a marketing magnet specially for Mexican and Mexican-American boxing fans and casual boxing fans. I'm sure many white Caucasians root for him just for this lame reason as well, not for his boxing abilities which are not even comparable to those of the liks of JMM, Morales or Barrera. BTW I am a white Caucasian and I believe Marquez is light-years ahead better as a boxer than Canelo, even now. Talent is talent, no matter the looks.

Canelo is a product of mass marketing. It is a Mexican redhead Irish-looking (a minority in Mexico, it is estimated that white Caucasians like him are about 15% of the population only). So they see this guy who definitely can box (throw nice combinations of three punches or more), but has almost zero stamina, pathetic foot movement, and when it comes to defense and attack and ring intelligence is nothing compared with JMM, plus he needs an unfair advantage in weight to be able to impose his punching power...

I mean, needless to say, JMM never needed a weight advantage to fight. Canelo is embarrassing, he already weighs more than Golovkin on fight night and he refuses to fight him. Also actually, Canelo is really more a SMW than a MW. Oh God why even waste so much energy trying to explain the difference between a real great ATG boxer and a kid with arguable good looks that is more suited for being a Hollywood actor than a boxer...
    Agree with a lot of this, except IMO he was impressive vs much bigger Alvarado and in losing close to younger, bigger, faster Bradley.

Comment

Good luck going up against Canelo for that date.

Comment

Originally posted by TLC8 View Post
        Listen, Marquez butt buddies will all claim he's earned the right_____.

He wouldn't fight Porter for the coveted 147 title he desperately claims he needs, when Porter had the title.

Brook schools Porter for the belt, offers Marquez a shot at Wembley Stadium and Marquez balked at the idea.

Marquez was begging for Bradley to beat Pacquiao, so he could cry for a rematch with Bradley who took him to school the first time. But when Pacquiao drummed Bradley to regain the 147 belt, he offered a shot to Marquez whom he heard crickets from.

Provodnikov had the 140 belt Marquez used to have, offered to fight Marquez at 140 or 147 for that belt, and Marquez scoffed at the idea and fought Mike Alvarado instead, whom Provo just knocked out in 8 rounds for the belt!

He won't fight Thurman for a title at 147. Won't fight Manny for the biggest payday of his career; he knows his last fight was a fluke. Won't fight Brook for his title. Nobody wants a Bradley fight since the first one was boring and not close. He's not going to fight Cotto or Canelo (lol), JMM just needs to stay home, and drink all the pee he wants. There is no fight that satisfies this diva looking for a weak link to a '47 belt. He wants to lure someone to Mexico City to fight before Cartel-influenced judges, to insure all decisions go his way, and nobody is interested in that; he won't fight for a title at Wembley Stadium! Go away Marquez.
        Pretty much this. Dude should just fight Berto or Algieri and retire

Comment

That KO of PAC was devastating. I took a knee & prayed that the creator let that Pacroid pumpkin head live!!! AY DIOS MIO!!!!! DIOS MIO (my god). His spine nearly popped out of his back.. Talaga.... So much brutality..... So much shame..... He was out cold longer than a round is long........ Without smelling salts, only GAD knows how long he would be face down & ass up on the canvass.. In a pose of absolute, complete submission to Lord Marquez...

But he is an old man. Let the old man retire. PACs popularity has not decreased in spite of being KTFO by Marquez, then schooled by Floyd. PAC fans are great.

My hope is he fights Malinaggi & goes into politics. Hopefully he can hold onto his money, and doesn't have to go back to selling doughnuts on the streets.

Marquez needs to take his old ass into retirement. Maybe add a chapter to his book on how he beat PAC. Hopefully he can keep hiss money too.
          Peace everyone!
          Last edited by Zaroku; 12-03-2015, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ramplamp View Post
            seriously. I hope he gets his ass kicked at this point, honestly. got 3 rematches from Pac, but won't even entertain the idea of returning the favor. also hates on Canelo every chance he gets. and I'm just plain tired of hearing the "i might come back, we'll see" articles about him.
            It wasn't 3 favors from Pac, they were close fights, where Marquez arguably won, and they were the biggest money fight for both guys at the time every time.

Comment

Originally posted by ManOfVictory View Post
              fkn pilipinos, cant accept that Marquez almost killed their only idol, its kind of sad actually!
              They can't and it is beyond pathetic!! I have spent a lot of time in the Philippines, and PAC gave them hope. Marquez took that hope away, but Floyd was a new hope, but Floyd failed to lose..

Comment

Working...
              X