Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does this guy get overlooked in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think him getting overlooked is actually a lot due to Mayweather.

He was not given the win that many people felt he should have against a guy who lives off his 0. This added to the fact that his most memorable fight were against Corrales, a guy who Mayweather destroyed, as well as being knocked out by Hatton, a guy who Mayweather destroyed.

Now had he got that win officially registered i think he'll be remembered a lot more vividly

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
      First part is very much a stretch, I don't think anyone belittles what Mayweather has done, we just want to see him fight Manny. I don't understand why Mayweather fans can't get that.

I loved the way Castillo fought and he always seemed to be in exciting fights. He was beating Corrales up in their first fight until Corrales spit the mouth piece out and gave himself time. In the rematch we saw who was the better fighter.

I don't know why but I have always been a real big fan of Castillo.
      You see, you're not the majority. You are actually a fan of Castillo. I like him as well. They dont belittle what Floyd has done until he's compared to other fighters then all his opponents get picked to pieces. Im not making this up. Thats everyday here friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
        I think him getting overlooked is actually a lot due to Mayweather.

He was not given the win that many people felt he should have against a guy who lives off his 0. This added to the fact that his most memorable fight were against Corrales, a guy who Mayweather destroyed, as well as being knocked out by Hatton, a guy who Mayweather destroyed.

Now had he got that win officially registered i think he'll be remembered a lot more vividly
        Yep. One point on the scorecards changes his whole legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
          because he ended his career like the tragic figure you hoped he wouldn't

out of shape in need of money fighting in weight classes above his prime and looking like crap against guys he should have owned

but man I swear I have never seen a in fighter like him live.
          No matter how far they reach or how great they are, don't most of them end up the way except a select few.

Castillo was great fighter, but time catches up to us all. Plus He was around in a time where there were more then a few great Mexican warriors, unfortunately as good as he was, he wasn't considered the top Mexican fighter out there.
          Last edited by AllEyesOpen; 03-15-2011, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
            Yep. One point on the scorecards changes his whole legacy.
            And you don't think it would have been better had he been given the win against Floyd?

Remember this is Floyd, "41 have tried, 41 have failed..!"

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
              You see, you're not the majority. You are actually a fan of Castillo. I like him as well. They dont belittle what Floyd has done until he's compared to other fighters then all his opponents get picked to pieces. Im not making this up. Thats everyday here friend.
              Those are idiots on a boxing website who never put on gloves or understand the first thing about boxing.

the back and forth crap about Pac and Mayweather is stupid and people who argue it are twice as stupid.

REAL boxing fans know BOTH fighters are great and that's main reason we want to see the fight.

I just think Castillo was a hell of a fighter, tough, skilled and exciting to watch. When people talk about the great Mexican champs, he is rarely ever mentioned. I mean I know there are tons of them but I truly think Castillo was underrated.

Comment

great fighter its alot of great mexican boxers who get overlooked

Ricardo Lopez is #1
                Last edited by jtiger777; 03-15-2011, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
                  No matter how far they reach or how great they are, don't most of them end up the way except a select few.

Castillo was great fighter, but time catches up to us all. Plus He was around in a time where there were more then a few great Mexican warriors, unfortunately as good as he was, he wasn't considered the top Mexican fighter out there.
                  you didn't read the reply back to the person who said the same thing you just did:

"and current perceptions do drive opinions

had you realized this then you would also realize that at the time guys like Duran Hearns et al were going through their fighting bad fights they too were taken down a notch because of it

but over time people forget about the end and appreciate the fighter as a whole

this too will happen with JLC but considering how bad he looked against Gomez it won't be for a while"

Comment

You know how fans are man... They think that just because he got KO'd 5-6 times and hit Ricky Hatton low before getting KO'd, that somehow he sucks.

How can he suck if he beat Stevie Johnson and Corrales man??

Comment

Working...
                    X