Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder "Hearn Wanted Me To Make Noise And Get In AJ's Face In The Presser"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder "Hearn Wanted Me To Make Noise And Get In AJ's Face In The Presser"

Deontay Wilder said this on TBV last night which I found wierd. The reason he didn't find to to Cardiff is because...

"They (Hearn and Sky) wanted me to get in AJ's face and make noise in the press conference, public media workout and weigh in"

"I'm a respectful champ, I'm not gonna hoot and holla and disrespect another fighter, that's not me"

Very odd comments as all he ever does is hooter and holla. In fact AJ last week told Wilder to stop the hootering and hollering.

It's very strange considering Wilder will 100% mouth off and call out AJ on social media and hooter and holla Saturday night. Wilder said he wasn't going to Cardiff because he wasn't allowed in the ring to confront AJ but also admits he was given permission to get in AJ's face during the lead up but that's not something he wanted to do out of respect?... Very odd.
    Last edited by NahMean; 03-29-2018, 07:36 AM.

Hearn wanted him over there to promote his fighter, while at the same time holding all the power in negotiations AND being able to whisper into Wilder's ear while he is over there to poach him.

Unless Wilder was guaranteed a fight with AJ after being the class clown, he probably did the right thing in refusing to be used by cawkroach Hearn

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
      Hearn wanted him over there to promote his fighter, while at the same time holding all the power in negotiations AND being able to whisper into Wilder's ear while he is over there to poach him.

Unless Wilder was guaranteed a fight with AJ after being the class clown, he probably did the right thing in refusing to be used by cawkroach Hearn
      But his comment is very strange.. He said he isn't going because he wasn't allowed in the ring to confront AJ but he himself said he doesn't want to confront AJ out of respect in the weigh in and press conference.. It's very bizarre.

Comment

Yeah the whole thing is messed up, we'll never know the truth.

If they don't fight this year that will really suck, and if they don't fight in 2019 then that's pathetic. HW division sucks anyway at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
          But his comment is very strange.. He said he isn't going because he wasn't allowed in the ring to confront AJ but he himself said he doesn't want to confront AJ out of respect in the weigh in and press conference.. It's very bizarre.
          One is pre-fight and one is post. To do before really would make him look like a clown. And it's clear Hearn wanted to denigrate Wilder. Just like when he did that video pretending to speak like Wilder, which was a little disgusting. Just like when he did the video asking people if they knew Wilder, as if they would know any boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            One is pre-fight and one is post. To do before really would make him look like a clown. And it's clear Hearn wanted to denigrate Wilder. Just like when he did that video pretending to speak like Wilder, which was a little disgusting. Just like when he did the video asking people if they knew Wilder, as if they would know any boxer.
            Fair enough those points are legit. But it hasn't ever stopped Wilder from calling out AJ, he's been calling him out like crazy in interviews and social media. He should have gone there and made a scene.. It would only build his profile and make the fans demand the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
              Fair enough those points are legit. But it hasn't ever stopped Wilder from calling out AJ, he's been calling him out like crazy in interviews and social media. He should have gone there and made a scene.. It would only build his profile and make the fans demand the fight.
              Big difference between calling someone out on social media and interrupting a press conference or weigh-in before the fight like a buffoon. That’s why you confront after the fight, not before.

Comment

He had a plum job commentating.

He could have put himself across anyhow he saw fit. It's a missed opportunity. But who knows, if AJ gets chinned it doesn't matter.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

Lol, that bit in this video Hearn did on Wilder pouting saying, I'm not going, I can't get in the ring then I'm not going. Lol, that was hilarious.

But at least he's saying now that he would entertain adding the Joshua fight to the contract of fighting Whyte for Wilder.

Hopefully things will get done relatively soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X