Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte vs. Kubrat Pulev - IBF Eliminator is Ordered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whyte vs Pulev is a decent fight for Whyte. The winner would have deserved a fight against AJ but not before the Wilder vs AJ. That has to happen before these two names are mentioned.

If AJ vs Pov or Miller and Wilder vs Breazeale is going to happen next and after them fights AJ vs Wilder does not happen, that is a shame. I do not want to see Whyte get another fight against AJ before Wilder

Comment

Pulev is solid and disciplined, I have a hard time seeing Whyte beating him. If he does, though, his reputation will be enhanced a lot. However, he may prefer to go after Povetkin, which could also raise his stock a lot but is also probably an easier fight for him stylewise. He's doing pretty well for himself, he's got a lot of options right now, all of which will take him places - if he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by donjigga11 View Post
        I think we could see AJ v Miller in the summer and AJ v Povetkin end of th year before AJ v Wilder next summer... i honestly don't think Wilder happens until 2019
        yeah thats how it looks to be panning out

Comment

This is a tough fight for Whyte, not all that confident he can win it currently.

Comment

pulev last serios Opponent was one and a half years ago. he fought two weaklings since only to Keep his mandatory Position. whyte wins

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              Whyte called out Wilder & Povetkin. No reason to pull out of the Pulev fight. Pulev has no power. Whyte has momentum & has beat Chisora, Helenius & Browne the last year while Pulev has beat Sam Peter & Kingpin. His last win over a fringe contender was Chisora a few years ago. Pulev isn’t getting any younger & he simply doesn’t have the power to keep any heavyweight off him. A few years ago I’d favor Pulev but now I think he loses to whyte, Parker, breazeale, wilder, povetkin, AJ, Fury & I’m not sure if he could beat Duhaupas or Miller. I’d give Hughie Fury a shot too. Pulev hasn’t done anything in years & his best win is over chisora & old tony thompson. Ustinov & Dimitrenko were never that good. Pulev has really never beat any top contender
              Pulev schooled Chisora, Whyte went life and death with Del.

Pulev schools Whyte, no way Whyte risks his WBC mandate.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                Pulev schooled Chisora, Whyte went life and death with Del.

Pulev schools Whyte, no way Whyte risks his WBC mandate.
                I don't think he schooled him. He won the fight but that was a few years ago. Pulev hasn't exactly lit it up in recent years. Why would he avoid Pulev when he is calling out Povetkin, Joshua & Wilder. Pulev is lucky to be getting this chance. He beat Peter & Kingpin which hardly makes him worthy. He pulled out of the Joshua fight so he is lucky he is even getting this chance. If Whyte turns it down it's because he is already the WBC #1 & he is after Povetkin's WBO & WBA #1 ranking. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the Pulev fight as it would also shoot him up to the IBF #1 spot but He would make more money fighting Wilder, Joshua & Povetkin so Pulev is really a step backwards in every aspect except for an IBF top ranking...

Comment

I don't think he schooled him. He won the fight but that was a few years ago. Pulev hasn't exactly lit it up in recent years. Why would he avoid Pulev when he is calling out Povetkin, Joshua & Wilder. Pulev is lucky to be getting this chance. He beat Peter & Kingpin which hardly makes him worthy. He pulled out of the Joshua fight so he is lucky he is even getting this chance. If Whyte turns it down it's because he is already the WBC #1 & he is after Povetkin's WBO & WBA #1 ranking. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the Pulev fight as it would also shoot him up to the IBF #1 spot but He would make more money fighting Wilder, Joshua & Povetkin so Pulev is really a step backwards in every aspect except for an IBF top ranking...
                  Pulev sparks him like he spanked Chisora, hence why we won’t see it. Hearn has been building his stock finding him shyt opposition to look good against hence why they’ll never accept the Pulev fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                    Pulev sparks him like he spanked Chisora, hence why we won’t see it. Hearn has been building his stock finding him shyt opposition to look good against hence why they’ll never accept the Pulev fight.
                    Now that the WBC ordered a final eliminator between Whyte & Ortiz do you still think he won't fight Pulev? Pulev makes more sense to me. If he beats Ortiz he gets Wilder. If he beats Pulev he gets Joshua. Either way he needs to beat Ortiz or Pulev to get his title shot. The bigger check would come from a Joshua fight so I would be surprised if he didn't take the Pulev fight. Either guy is a tough fight for him but if I had to choose I would fight Pulev considering the payday that would follow if he wins.

Comment

Now that the WBC ordered a final eliminator between Whyte & Ortiz do you still think he won't fight Pulev? Pulev makes more sense to me. If he beats Ortiz he gets Wilder. If he beats Pulev he gets Joshua. Either way he needs to beat Ortiz or Pulev to get his title shot. The bigger check would come from a Joshua fight so I would be surprised if he didn't take the Pulev fight. Either guy is a tough fight for him but if I had to choose I would fight Pulev considering the payday that would follow if he wins.
                      It all depends on what Wilder does .

If he fights Breazeale , then Whyte will fight Ortiz.

If he fights Joshua ,then Whyte will fight Pulev bc Whyte will assume and expect Joshua to defeat Wilder .

Comment

Working...
                      X