No announcement yet.

Crawford is a very special fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushid***333; View Post
    what makes him special is because he can lead or counter punch. He can fight orthodox or southpaw. He seems to have a chin and when he gets hit he wants to throw 3 back.
    Yes, right now he can do that against small guys. What happens when he goes against a guy that is the same size and can really crack? I doubt he will be ready to throw 3 back. He will instead be on his bike retreating. I'm sorry, unless you do something amazing, you will be beat down if you lack power.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      Crawford is overrated as all hell. He's talented but he is not different than Broner. Broner was way more dominate at 135 than Crawford and look at him. Crawford is more talented than Broner but gets hit plenty and will get bombed out at 140. Solid fighter but he isn't special by any means.
      Only time will tell but its silly to write him off completely when he hasn't fought at 140. Give the man a shot to prove himself. Crawford could very well handle the weight well and be a force to be reckon with.

Comment

When Broner beat Demarco, in my eyes he was the best lightweight. I didn't see Broner losing to anyone in that division at that time. It's the same thing with Crawford, he's the best fighter at that division. There is a big difference between 135 and 140 though.

Crawford is more talented than Broner, but he gets hit, and he will get cracked. I don't see a complete fighter in Crawford. Instead I see raw talent, that does most things well but nothing great. 140 is deep with punchers and like it always does, a guy like Crawford who can't punch will eventually be broken down and beat.
        when he beat Demarco, in your eyes he was the best lightweight good example of a guy who don't know crap about boxing. Demarco was never the best guy at 135 EVER. Crawford has not fought anybody worth a dam at 135 just like Broner none of these guys want to fight the 2 best fighter at 135 which are and have always been Vasquez he has fougth the most number 1 contenders at that weight also got rob against Bey and Richar abril BEAT THE MAN AT 135 and got rob Rios Bam Bam

it just blows my mind how anybody could think Demarco,Ricky and Beltran are good fighters they are straight up trash the best fighters Crawford has fought was Gambao a little guy

if Crawford WANTS TO BE THE MAN AT 135 HE NEEDS TO BEAT VASQUEZ OR ABRILL period
        Last edited by solo20; 11-30-2014, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          No need to inject race into the convo
          It's nothing negative about the race, it's just that the simple fact is, too many African American fighters have been trying to be ultra defensive since the successes of Pea, Whitaker and Hopkins. We see that evidenced in the way guys like Dirrel and Ward fight, the post 2000 generation of fighters.

I could have simply said American fighters but that would not be accurate because the vast majority of American boxers who I've come across are black but there is also an increasing number of American-Hispanic fighters and they are definitely NOT boring.

Comment

Yes, right now he can do that against small guys. What happens when he goes against a guy that is the same size and can really crack? I doubt he will be ready to throw 3 back. He will instead be on his bike retreating. I'm sorry, unless you do something amazing, you will be beat down if you lack power.
            Crawford moved up on like a week's notice or something and smacked Prescott around no problem. He will be fine, 140 has been put on notice.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
              Only time will tell but its silly to write him off completely when he hasn't fought at 140. Give the man a shot to prove himself. Crawford could very well handle the weight well and be a force to be reckon with.
              He has fought at 140 though...on short notice AND he won against a power puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumthang bit me View Post
                Dude has a great eye. IQ. Can bang as well as box. I can't wait to see him at 140. Hes going to own that division for as long as he wants. When he wants to be elusive and use the jab in sequences if 3 and 4, he reminds me of Pernell. This kid is very, very good.
                I like Crawford quite a bit as well, but please don't call him "special".

Makes me think I'm talking to Max Kellerman.

Comment

Another one bites the dust.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TMTForever View Post
                      he is too inaccurate to be considered that special..he also doesnt have a great check hook..or straight right hand..nicholas walters is a better fighter to me and prospect to achieve greatness

Comment

Working...
                      X