Videos : Bagwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Videos : Bagwork

Feel free to critique this video.

My left hands are thrown light and without conviction because these were the last rounds of bag work and my middle knuckle on my left hand is severely swollen.

I quit midway through second round of filming due to pain in my left hand.

Rounds 9-10 of bag work.

I filmed these rounds to demonstrate good technique with a focus on a stiff jab and effective feinting. The bag is 200lb.

This is round 5 through I forget of bag work. This is Shawn style bag work. My knuckle IS swollen, but I still put some snap behind some of my left hand shots. There are a few noticeable times where I throw very light due to sharp pain in my hand.

As promised, a video of pad work is on the way, I have to cut it up into multiple videos to fit under the 10 min limit imposed by youtube.

Hey mate, ur pretty good man, good job. Keep the good work up. Why was ur left hand swollen? did u not wrap your hands correctly or sumthing..?

Comment

Originally posted by no1p4p View Post
      Hey mate, ur pretty good man, good job. Keep the good work up. Why was ur left hand swollen? did u not wrap your hands correctly or sumthing..?
      No, my bag gloves got worn out, I was practicing my left to the body for around 5 rounds, after the bag work, my knuckle started to swell up. I have been nursing it for 2 weeks. Its better than it was, but it is still very painful. I ice it every night, but it will take a while to heal while I am still actively using it during training.

Comment

not bad form, but you definatly look slow,(related to your knuckle injury?), throw your left hook more inside and now so wide, and when u switch to southpaw, keep that left hand higher.... good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JUHL View Post
          not bad form, but you definatly look slow,(related to your knuckle injury?), throw your left hook more inside and now so wide, and when u switch to southpaw, keep that left hand higher.... good luck
          Yes, in part due to my knuckle, and wanting to go easy on it, but even when I am healthy, I usually do not use all of my hand speed. That is one that I am working on. I usually rely on timing instead of speed to get my punches in so I tend to throw slower punches than I am really capable of which is a bad thing. I have speed, I need to use it more.

Comment

if your left hand was that hurt whyd you throw it so many times.. your right didnt even move th bag, if you are a good fighter your medicore you tip-toed off your heels like a girl for most your puches you focus to much on technique and to less on them girllys ass side steps and foot movements! throw combos with hooks and upper cuts, get close to the bag and show feints and inside work!
            Last edited by MoneyINC; 05-10-2008, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyINC View Post
              if your left hand was that hurt whyd you throw it so many times.. your right didnt even move th bag, if you are a good fighter your medicore you tip-toed off your heels like a girl for most your puches you focus to much on technique and to less on them girllys ass side steps and foot movements! throw combos with hooks and upper cuts, get close to the bag and show feints and inside work!
              wow... apparently he doent know wtf hes doing at all eh?

Comment

Thats right, I forget, I am suppose to mimic Charlie Zelenoff.

Comment

You do realize that the bag weights 60lb more than I do right? I can literally sprint at the bag an run into it and it still won't move...

200lb bag vs 140lb man. bag always wins.

Comment

mate dnt listen to that other ****wit. If he's so good at hiting the bag im eager to his his video to see if he backs up all the **** he talks.

Comment

Working...
                    X