Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Down from heavy to supermiddle in five months...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down from heavy to supermiddle in five months...

... Probably the first time I've posted in here, I'd realised the other day that I'd suddenly become what is technically known as a "Fat ****".

It hadn't really dawned on me, as no part of my body stores fat other than my gut... arms, legs, all the rest - still normal.

But I was storing fat deposits around the middle. Didn't bother me. "**** it, I'll do it tomorrow." I watch boxing, don't do it.

But before I knew it, I'd eaten so many mars bars in a "sit down all day" office job, and drank so much coke I'd turned into a ****ing fat bastard.

I looked at myself in the mirror and thought "what a fat ****!"

In 2005 I'm ashamed to say that I'd drank so much Coke (I didn't even know it was fattening) I'd gone up to 215lbs. I went on the Atkins Diet and got down to 195lbs very quickly. It helps that I'm not NATURALLY a fat ****, it had just crept up on me.

But I'd started to get up to about 199lbs again, so I decided that I'd increase this with EXERCISE. I'm walking around 50 miles a week now, and it's coming back off.

I'm assuming that this lard is just stuff that's built up, unchecked, over YEARS, and not anything else?

Anyway, after a month I'm now down to 193lbs, with my ultimate plan to get down to 168lbs or thereabouts.

Any tips that don't involve heated exercise? Or shall I just carry on as I am and see what happens?

if i were you, i would start with eating about 6 meals a day, proportion the carbs / proteins / fats adequately. thats number one.

some more intense exercise would be greatly beneficial as well.

u didnt really list details as to whether or not u go to a gym, jog, whatever.

give us some more info and im sure we'll be able to help u out.

but the key is diet, and cardio cardio cardio. increase the cardio, clean ur diet, and the fat will MELT off.

if u want more detailed info, again list EVERYTHING u do, eat, workout, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
      if i were you, i would start with eating about 6 meals a day, proportion the carbs / proteins / fats adequately. thats number one.

some more intense exercise would be greatly beneficial as well.

u didnt really list details as to whether or not u go to a gym, jog, whatever.

give us some more info and im sure we'll be able to help u out.

but the key is diet, and cardio cardio cardio. increase the cardio, clean ur diet, and the fat will MELT off.

if u want more detailed info, again list EVERYTHING u do, eat, workout, etc...

This is the thing man, I hardly eat ANYTHING. When you say 6 meals, I probably eat just three.

There are a few carbs in my food - cereal, bread, etc. - but the stuff I listed above about coke/chocolate was 2005 me.

For exercise, I'm afraid I just walk now, that's it.

I really can't understand where the weight has come from, unless it's just an age thing... my metabolism used to take care of it.

Comment

i been there man! i was 17 stone 3! am now 10 stone 10! in pounds thats roughly 241 pounds down to 149! id say if its woking keep at it! if you want to speed it up a little jog an our or so after every meal!

Comment

He means 6 small meals not regular sized ones. Around 300 to 400 calories on average. High protein foods fill you up for longer if you keep getting to hungry. Stop with the mars bars snack on fruits they fill you up until your next meal. You said you work in an office, do some research on ab exercises you can do in your chair (you dont even have to stop working) just to keep your metabolism up a bit. Get up and go for water more often your moving and drinking lots of water helps maintain weight. Lifting weights isnt that intense you could add some muscle which will help you burn more calories just sitting around. Anything that gets the heart rate up will help....if youve got a girlfriend or wife you could........But really the best way to lose weight is to just get up and run. The hard part is getting back in shape, its easy to maintain once your there. Dam I talk alot......err type

Comment

Truth is, eating better can make you loose weight faster then excercise. I know people on this forum prob don't want to hear that though. One of the easiest tips is don't eat or drink soda after dinner. You don't want to sleep while your body is just storing crap food.

Another trick I did , or do when trying to loose weight is, eat well all week, or generlally well. If you succed eat one meal of anything you want each sat or sunday. As long as your not going on a all day gorge haha. Just one dope a$$ meal. Anyway, good luck.

Comment

Eating right... and RUNNING. don't walk... jog at a slow pace or whatever pace is comfortable for you to be able to do it for 30 mins at least.

Comment

Cheers for the tips, guys... I mean, I figure that if I confess to being a fat **** on here it will shame me into losing it, right?

Though the funny thing is, no one ever thinks of me as fat - I've got a thing going on with a baggy shirt.

Comment

This is my situation im 210 with a gut and need to get down to 165

Comment

Working...
                  X