Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia vs. Shawn Porter For WBC Interim-Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia is going to start losing to the top fighters at 147. Guerrero and Pauline aren't around anymore for him to fight.

So yeah I have Porter winning this one pretty convincingly.

Comment

DSG has a choice. Spence Jr. for a title shot, or Porter for an interim title? I say go for the title shot! Choose Errol Spence Jr.! The worse move he could make, is to fight neither one, and take a tune-up!

Comment

Put it on September 30 to headline the other Swift vs Austin Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          DSG has a choice. Spence Jr. for a title shot, or Porter for an interim title? I say go for the title shot! Choose Errol Spence Jr.! The worse move he could make, is to fight neither one, and take a tune-up!
          Spence and Porter have similar bullrushing style, although Porter is more consistent throughout a fight, and Errol only use it when necessary like in the Brook fight and he doesn;t need it in the Gift fight.
          Both tough fights for Garcia and I would hazard a guess he'd pick Porter being the smaller guy, but in no way easy.
          I don;t mind him avoiding these fights and go for guys like Berto, Collazo, Vargas, etc.
          Important thing is he remains active and not have to ask for a tuneup.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
            Wrong. Porter is tailored made for Danny counter punching style
            IKR, Porter will walk into Garcia's shots. WTF are people on the 1st page thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
              IKR, Porter will walk into Garcia's shots. WTF are people on the 1st page thinking.
              A lot of people don't like Garcia. Hell they probably think McGregor can beat him too.

Comment

This is a good match up. If I was Team Garcia I wouldn't hesitate to take this fight. They have nothing to lose now since Danny has already lost his 0. The welterweight division is stacked with talent and he could become lost in the shuffle. Swift's cherry picking days are over.

Comment

Not interested in watching Shawn Porter fighting anybody due to his ugly style but somehow he's earned his spot because he manages to get the job done most of the time. The only fight I could watch of him was against Keith Thurman.

Comment

Good fight that earns the winner a rematch with Thurman next year. Danny needs to work on his footwork to avoid the bull rush of Porter.

This puts Spence on ice until late 2018 if he wants a shot at Thurman or the winner of a potential rematch. Wonder if Crawford is willing to move up to fight Spence at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      This is a good match up. If I was Team Garcia I wouldn't hesitate to take this fight. They have nothing to lose now since Danny has already lost his 0. The welterweight division is stacked with talent and he could become lost in the shuffle. Swift's cherry picking days are over.
                      he definitely has something to lose this is a high risk low reward fight. He could go after a more lucrative rematch with Khan, Matthysee, ect. Could hold out take a few easy fights and pray for a direct rematch with thurman. I give him some respect if he faces Porter rather then cherry picks which he did from the Herrera fight until he fought Thurman.

Comment

Working...
                      X