Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did all of Oscar De La Hoya's SD "losses" really mean Steroid Decision?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did all of Oscar De La Hoya's SD "losses" really mean Steroid Decision?

OK so Oscar "loses" to Felix Trinidad, my favorite fighter of all time, by Majority Decision. A fight Oscar clearly won 8 rounds.

Then Oscar "loses" to Shanedrolene Roidsly by SD and we definitely know now that Roidsly was juiced to the gills. Ignoring the fact that Oscar won 7 rounds and tied another.

Original Super Featherweight Oscar then gets KO'd by 6'1 Lt Heavyweight Bernard "HGH" Hopkins the spokesman for Human Growth Hormone. No shame there.

Oscar then "loses" by SD to Floyd "Non-Disclosure Clause on all the masking agents and apparatus I use before fights" Mayweather in a fight that Oscar clearly won 7 rounds and tied 2 more.

Oscar is then stopped by the only clean fighter of his career, Manny Pacquiao, in a fight that Oscar is clearly weight drained, old and out of his prime.

So by these FACTS, anyone with even a passing knowledge of Boxing will tell you that Oscar has only ever lost 2 fights. One to 6'1 Light Heavyweight Bernard Hopkins who became a champion 45 pounds above Oscars first World Championship. The other to fighter of the decade, Pound for Pound greatest since Sugar Ray Robinson, holder of the highest PPV record in history Manny Pacquio in a fight where Oscar had to drain himself down to a weight he had not fought at in nearly 8 years and when he was old and past his prime.

Then, Oscar goes on to start the only promotional company that matters and doesn't steal from their fighters and ruin their careers with exclusively in-house matches to line their own pockets like Top Rank or have it's top fighters driving Uber to make ends meet like Mayweather Promotions.

Anyone who disagrees with one word of this post is[ B]CLEARLY[/B] either racist, is not a real Boxing fan, does not know jack crap about Boxing and is probably an MMA reject who only came to Boxing looking for heroes to fantasize about them coming to beat up all their childhood bullies, has manure for brains or all of the above.
    Last edited by Lou Cipher; 10-07-2017, 03:23 PM.

I always thought Oscar got the short end of the stick with his losses. Poor timing of fights. The only real loss would be to HGH Bernard the whiner, but then again there's the HGH and the guy was a light Heavy. Pac fight he was done before the fight started. Mosely was on the juice. Tito did not in any way deserve to win. Great fighter who fought anyone.With better strategic choices of who to fight and when like Canelo is doing, he could have been undefeated as a Welterweight in his prime.

Comment

Yes, if steroids applies to Oscar as well.

Comment

Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
        I always thought Oscar got the short end of the stick with his losses. Poor timing of fights. The only real loss would be to HGH Bernard the whiner, but then again there's the HGH and the guy was a light Heavy. Pac fight he was done before the fight started. Mosely was on the juice. Tito did not in any way deserve to win. Great fighter who fought anyone.With better strategic choices of who to fight and when like Canelo is doing, he could have been undefeated as a Welterweight in his prime.
        But then he got the long end of the stick in some of his wins too.

Comment

You lost me when you mentioned Mayweather.

Comment

Fishnets clearly lost his fight to Floyd. The SD was BS. Only reasons that fight is remembered as being close is because of the biased Mexican crowd going nuts for any and all of the coke heads missed punches and biased HBO shills Lampley and Merchant on commentary openly rooting for Oscar.

Comment

Tito won at least 5 rounds. A draw was fair IMO.

But yeah Mosley, Mayweather, Pacquaio juiced against him. Hopkins too probably.

He did lose to Whitaker and Quartey though I felt.

Comment

Oscar was very popular and sometimes close fights come down to popularity. In the states where Oscar is popular people mostly think Oscar beat Trinidad. In Puerto Rico they think Trinidad won and I think Trinidad won a close one. Oscar ran the last for rounds so he gave those rounds away. He won most of the early rounds but not all of them. Trinidad clearly won round 4 and some other rounds could have gone either way. Hopkins weighed in at 156 pounds which was less than Oscar weighed in at. The contract call for 158 pounds, not the 160 most middleweight title fights are fought at. It was in the contract that Hopkins had to make 158 or be fined millions. He came in a light 156 to make sure he wasn't fined. He outclassed Oscar and would beat him easily 100 times out of 100 fights. Hopkins weighed in at 156 so how the hell is he a light heavyweight? He continued to easily make 160 pounds for years after he KOed Oscar. He moved up to 175 when he was past 40 and he came in much lighter than 175 many times after he won the light heavyweight title. He wasn't some giant. He was a hard trainer who could make weight and fight well at different weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
                  Fishnets clearly lost his fight to Floyd. The SD was BS. Only reasons that fight is remembered as being close is because of the biased Mexican crowd going nuts for any and all of the coke heads missed punches and biased HBO shills Lampley and Merchant on commentary openly rooting for Oscar.
                  Nah, washed up Oscar beat roided up Floyd. Boxing business just wanted a new cash cow. Get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    Oscar was very popular and sometimes close fights come down to popularity. In the states where Oscar is popular people mostly think Oscar beat Trinidad. In Puerto Rico they think Trinidad won and I think Trinidad won a close one. Oscar ran the last for rounds so he gave those rounds away. He won most of the early rounds but not all of them. Trinidad clearly won round 4 and some other rounds could have gone either way. Hopkins weighed in at 156 pounds which was less than Oscar weighed in at. The contract call for 158 pounds, not the 160 most middleweight title fights are fought at. It was in the contract that Hopkins had to make 158 or be fined millions. He came in a light 156 to make sure he wasn't fined. He outclassed Oscar and would beat him easily 100 times out of 100 fights. Hopkins weighed in at 156 so how the hell is he a light heavyweight? He continued to easily make 160 pounds for years after he KOed Oscar. He moved up to 175 when he was past 40 and he came in much lighter than 175 many times after he won the light heavyweight title. He wasn't some giant. He was a hard trainer who could make weight and fight well at different weights.
                    I gave Tito rounds 4, 5, 9, 10, 11 and 12. I thought it was a fairly easy fight to score.

Rounds 1 and 5 were the two that were difficult to score everything else easy.

Comment

Working...
                    X