Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True or false, glass chins are average chins, and average chins are strong chins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True or false, glass chins are average chins, and average chins are strong chins

and strong chins are freakisghly rare chins.

I think people all to often label a strong chin a glass chin, because we think in black and white terms, so if they arnt walking through, Tysons bombs head first they have a glass chin.

When I look at street fights, people are going down left right and center from arm punches, slaps, swings, and good punches, hell I even saw a girl KO a guy with an arm punch. These are AVERAGE chins otherwise there wouldnt be so many of them about getting sparked out.

So next time you say someone has a glass chin remember their chin is probably stronger than yours and it only looks glass among other trained fighters.

how are strong chin rare almost everyone in the elite level have a strong chin.

Margarito,Morales,Cotto,Mayweather,Martinez,Froch, Ward,Rios, etc etc

I say their more strong chin in boxing at the championship level then their is glass chins.

guys on the streets arent in tip top condition, and that effect your punch resilience.
    Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 01-26-2016, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR GUERRERO! View Post
      how are strong chin rare almost everyone in the elite level have a strong chin.

Margarito,Morales,Cotto,Mayweather,Martinez,Froch, Ward,Rios, etc etc

I say their more strong chin in boxing at the championship level then their is glass chins.
      well these guys are "selected for" many weaker men quit boxing after they realized they cant make it, leaving only the rare and strong

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
        well these guys are "selected for" many weaker men quit boxing after they realized they cant make it, leaving only the rare and strong
        you forget people who usually make it to the top are lifers, this is what they planned to do since kids and are always in shape, most dude who dont make it are part timers who party etc when they box, Erik Morales didnt drink a beer and was always on a strict diet since a kid till right after his first Pacquaio bout. These people who decide boxing isnt for them havent been boxing since 6, and hasnt been on a diet since they can remeber, havent been running miles daily etc. They just regular dudes getting knocked around by dudes who arent regular dudes.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR GUERRERO! View Post
          you forget people who usually make it to the top are lifers, this is what they planned to do since kids and are always in shape, most dude who dont make it are part timers who party etc when they box, Erik Morales didnt drink a beer and was always on a strict diet since a kid till right after his first Pacquaio bout. These people who decide boxing isnt for them havent been boxing since 6, and hasnt been on a diet since they can remeber, havent been running miles daily etc. They just regular dudes getting knocked around by dudes who arent regular dudes.
          Thats partially true but there are many training since 6 that dont make it due to being too weak, there is a strong and unnatural selection process going on it isnt just whoever started young gets in. MANY get weeded out on the way to the top.

Comment

and strong chins are freakisghly rare chins.

I think people all to often label a strong chin a glass chin, because we think in black and white terms, so if they arnt walking through, Tysons bombs head first they have a glass chin.

When I look at street fights, people are going down left right and center from arm punches, slaps, swings, and good punches, hell I even saw a girl KO a guy with an arm punch. These are AVERAGE chins otherwise there wouldnt be so many of them about getting sparked out.

So next time you say someone has a glass chin remember their chin is probably stronger than yours and it only looks glass among other trained fighters.
            I agree with you to an extent. People lose sight of the fact that boxers are being punched by trained professionals who know how and where to land a punch. However, you can't deny some boxers do have weak chins. Amir Khan is a prime example. Whenever he's hit flush with a powerful punch, he's dazed for the rest of the fight. No recovery, nothing. Game over.

Comment

Thats partially true but there are many training since 6 that dont make it due to being too weak, there is a strong and unnatural selection process going on it isnt just whoever started young gets in. MANY get weeded out on the way to the top.
              some bad management. Bad advice.

alot of fighters fight in the wrong division draining themselves for a percieved advantage and that weakens punch resistence, some fighters are never gonna be that brand boxer so they dont get the red carpet treatment so they fighting in fight number 3 that many would consider a step up for a prospect on fight 19.

alot of variables.

Comment

only when a fighter is so shot that their balance is gone and grazing blows knock them around are they really glass chinned

i dont believe fighters like khan or whatever are "glass chinned", he just has very poor defense and tries to get up too quickly, but the punches that knocked him down would knock anyone else down

same with street fights youre just watching people who have no concept of defense and stick their chin out leaning forward and fall over, they're probably no harder or easier to KO on the brain/chin level

the diff between looking invincible and being knocked out cold is like a milimeter in a real boxing match, look at the szpilka fight, he was laughing at wilders power then came in at a sharp angle and lights out
                Last edited by ////; 01-26-2016, 03:16 AM.

Comment

I think that is true. Any pro boxer worth a damn has a far better chin than the average man. The average man has a chin that makes Khan's chin seem like a jaw of iron. If a guy who wanted to be a boxer had an average chin he would get knocked down and hurt so much in sparring he would choose another sport. Even the weak chinned boxers take a punch much better than the average guy on the street or he wouldn't be boxing at all. It's sort of like any soccer player can run faster than the average man or they wouldn't be worth a damn as a soccer player.

Comment

Idk about freakishly rare but I kinda agree. I'm sure 99% of the people calling Amir Khan glass jawed wouldn't be able to stand on their feet and eat all those bombs Garcia was feeding Khan in that 4th round.

Comment

Working...
                    X