No announcement yet.

Grade Oscar De La Hoya's resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Tell me you don't think it's a coincidence that Don King's biggest stars in the 90's were a part of the 2 most controversial decisions in one year.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
      Tell me you don't think it's a coincidence that Don King's biggest stars in the 90's were a part of the 2 most controversial decisions in one year.
      Oscar won a controversial decision that year, Oscar won a controversial decision 2 years earlier.

You thought Oscar won, that's fine. I Don't, I don't think he won. I had Tito winning 7-5, other posters and writers had Tito winning, some had it a draw. But, if you had Oscar winning fine.

But, if you want to take that L away from Oscar go ahead and do it. But, then take the W away from him in his fights with Whitaker and Quartey. Just like you did with Sturm.

Comment

Originally posted by Heeb View Post
        His opposition, A

His resume, B
        I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          Oscar won a controversial decision that year, Oscar won a controversial decision 2 years earlier.

You thought Oscar won, that's fine. I Don't, I don't think he won. I had Tito winning 7-5, other posters and writers had Tito winning, some had it a draw. But, if you had Oscar winning fine.

But, if you want to take that L away from Oscar go ahead and do it. But, then take the W away from him in his fights with Whitaker and Quartey. Just like you did with Sturm.
          No I don't, I'm coherent enough to deal with it on a case by case basis. I admit that Sturm was brought in to set up Oscar for a belt and then go on to fight Hopkins. It is what it is. Just like Don King making sure his two biggest stars stayed out of the Loss column in 1999 when he got decisions for Holyfield and Trinidad against their biggest rivals Lennox and Oscar.

Comment

Pretty good - HOF worthy. Absolutely not ATG and not anywhere near the best of his era.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
              The definition of a real man
              Agreed. Oscar is a real man if I ever saw one.

I'd rate his Resume a B, decent, on him being robbed vs Tito I don't think he was, he swept rounds 5-8 but that was it, 1-4 were relatively close and 9-12 after Oscar put his track shoes on were Tito's.

Comment

He gets credit from me for being in a position of power and still seeking out top competition.

When your the top dog and everyone is after a fight with you it's easy to cherry pick and fight no hopers. But he sought challenges, I don't see how that can be denied. The man, in spite of the fact that he could sell 750,000 ppv buys fighting me, took a lot of risks.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                  He gets credit from me for being in a position of power and still seeking out top competition.

When your the top dog and everyone is after a fight with you it's easy to cherry pick and fight no hopers. But he sought challenges, I don't see how that can be denied. The man, in spite of the fact that he could sell 750,000 ppv buys fighting me, took a lot of risks.
                  this is a great post. i too, respect oscar for that.

makes me wonder why you like floyd so much.

Comment

an amazing resume

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                      No I don't, I'm coherent enough to deal with it on a case by case basis. I admit that Sturm was brought in to set up Oscar for a belt and then go on to fight Hopkins. It is what it is. Just like Don King making sure his two biggest stars stayed out of the Loss column in 1999 when he got decisions for Holyfield and Trinidad against their biggest rivals Lennox and Oscar.
                      Then you're an idiot. Because the Oscar-Tito fight was just as controversial as the Oscar-Whitaker and Oscar-Quartey fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X