No announcement yet.

The myth about Arum keeping Pac away from floyd 09-10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It isn't a myth.

They flat out ran from testing in Dec 09 after saying it would not be an issue earlier.

And, they made excuse after excuse from there on out.

The only reason the fight even finally took place is because Arum WASN'T involved.

Hint and a half for your azz...

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
      oh please thats not even comparable fan bases. a huge percentage if not majority of pacs fans were because they hated floyd. just look what happened to pac after he fought mayweather now come on now trying to compare the 2 is pointless. Also canelo had to earn his way back whether u agree with the decisions or not. there is absolutely no doubt had may beat pac back then pac would not of been worth as much as he was those following years. pac had a built in fan base in america but nothing close to what canelo has
      pac was already declining after marquez knocked him out. check his ppv buys after that. its not because he lost to floyd, its because he aint fighting any credible opponents since then! you're gonna tell me that if pac fight conor or canelo next, the ppv is gonna flop because he lost to floyd already? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        It isn't a myth.

They flat out ran from testing in Dec 09 after saying it would not be an issue earlier.

And, they made excuse after excuse from there on out.

The only reason the fight even finally took place is because Arum WASN'T involved.

Hint and a half for your azz...
        save all that for the other thread. im not here to talk which sides is to be blame. im here to exposed the lies from the floyd fans saying bob didnt want to put manny in with floyd in 2009-2010 because losing to floyd will hurt his future ppv buys.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
          I was wondering the same thing! Where is that fugger?
          what happen to "i will never work with bob arum"? "manny needs to leave bob arum before we can fight"?

2 can play this game my ninja.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
            oh please thats not even comparable fan bases. a huge percentage if not majority of pacs fans were because they hated floyd. just look what happened to pac after he fought mayweather now come on now trying to compare the 2 is pointless. Also canelo had to earn his way back whether u agree with the decisions or not. there is absolutely no doubt had may beat pac back then pac would not of been worth as much as he was those following years. pac had a built in fan base in america but nothing close to what canelo has
            how??? so if pac fought floyd in 2009-2010 and lost, he cant earn his way back anymore??? LOL!!

Comment

When you consider that Floyd himself admits he let the fight marinate for 5 years, it's obvious who was doing the ducking. I can list at least ten of his endless excuses that pushed the goal line to getting the fight signed.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                When you consider that Floyd himself admits he let the fight marinate for 5 years, it's obvious who was doing the ducking. I can list at least ten of his endless excuses that pushed the goal line to getting the fight signed.
                its just funny because "arum keeping pac away from floyd because losing to floyd will hurt pac's future ppv buys" is what they were running with!! this was their main reason.

but now that canelo just did 1mil back to back even though he lost to floyd in 2013, and i brought this up, now its "oscar build canelo up different from arum" LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                  save all that for the other thread. im not here to talk which sides is to be blame. im here to exposed the lies from the floyd fans saying bob didnt want to put manny in with floyd in 2009-2010 because losing to floyd will hurt his future ppv buys.
                  Well, it isn't a myth.

First of all, you can't cite what Canelo did after losing to speculate on how it would have affected Manny.

Two different fanbases and marketing situation.

Besides, there is a better way to prove or disprove your hypothesis.

Simply take a look at Manny's PPV numbers after a loss or a fight where many thought Manny lost.

Do that, and you will see exactly why Arum was worried, because it happened against lesser fighters than Floyd. (and by the way, if you keep insisting it is a myth you may tempt me into either posting the numbers here, creating another thread shutting you down, or both).

If Floyd totally owns Pac back in 2009 or 2010, Pac never makes millions of dollars that WERE made dangling the potential showdown in front of fans for half a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                    Well, it isn't a myth.

First of all, you can't cite what Canelo did after losing to speculate on how it would have affected Manny.

Two different fanbases and marketing situation.

Besides, there is a better way to prove or disprove your hypothesis.

Simply take a look at Manny's PPV numbers after a loss or a fight where many thought Manny lost.

Do that, and you will see exactly why Arum was worried, because it happened against lesser fighters than Floyd.
                    (and by the way, if you keep insisting it is a myth you may tempt me into either posting the numbers here, creating another thread shutting you down, or both).

If Floyd totally owns Pac back in 2009 or 2010, Pac never makes millions of dollars that WERE made dangling the potential showdown in front of fans for half a decade.
                    he wont, but even if he did, it wont hurt pac at all. 09-10 pac was a beast still. they can just put him in with a bum and let him spark that bum out then start calling out for a rematch with floyd and the hype is back on.

dont lie to yourself. 09-10 floyd had no plans to retire, so if they fought in 09-10, im sure there would have been a rematch after regardless of who the winner is.

pac's ppv took a dive after losing to floyd because who has manny fought after that? bradley? vargas? horn?? these arent guys that will help your ppv buys. if manny fights canelo or conor next, are you telling me the ppv will flop because pac lost to floyd already?

Comment

even freddy roach admitted the fight didn't happen because of them, yet u guys are still posting these dumb azz threads, move on man. Pac got horn problems

Comment

Working...
                      X