No announcement yet.

Purses for tonight's fighthers.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purses for tonight's fighthers.

Per Dan Rafael tweet. Nice to see the little dudes getting paid!

Purses for tonight's big fight in New York as per the NY commission: Donaire $1.32 million, Rigondeaux $750,000. #boxing #DonaireRigondeaux

Good for Donaire. Why is Rigo getting paid that much in his 12th fight!? That's truly disgusting. Earn your stripes little man.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim2daresq View Post
      Good for Donaire. Why is Rigo getting paid that much in his 12th fight!? That's truly disgusting. Earn your stripes little man.
      I feel facing a dangerous puncher like Donaire warrants some type of big purse. He's also a champion and ranked #2 in the division, so I think it's fair amount to get paid.

Comment

damn donaire doin it big now.

we need more pinoy millionaires.

Comment

I'm really really surprised at Rigo's purse. I was expecting something like 400k.

Oh well, good for him. Hopefully he can afford to bring his family over from Cuba now.

Comment

golden boy offered nonito donaire 1.5 million to fight mares

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
              golden boy offered nonito donaire 1.5 million to fight mares
              They offered TR like 2 million or whatever for the fight. Donaire's purse would have come out of that and TR would have been left with a few hundred thousand, while GBP had the ability to make several millions.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                I'm really really surprised at Rigo's purse. I was expecting something like 400k.

Oh well, good for him. Hopefully he can afford to bring his family over from Cuba now.
                That's probably what he'll end up with anyway.

Donaire ends up with less than 1 million.

Sanctioning fees, managers share, promoters cut, federal tax, coach+corners cut.

Promoters cut alone: 27%. Floyd Mayweather Jr gives up roughly 26% of his purse to Al Haymon, I did the calculation for his Ortiz purse from the official NSAC documents. Floyd earned $24,671,750 and gave up $6,600,000 in managers share, which resulted in $18,071,750, if you calculate that, it's roughly 26%. Arum takes about the same from his fighters' purses. 27%.

1,320,000 * 27% = $356,400 = $963,600
                750,000 * 27% = $202,500 = $547,500

That is just promoters cut. Now managers Cameron Dunkin and Gary Hyde want their cut too. I could be wrong but the manager gets a 10% cut, which would be a total of 37% of their purse already gone. Add in taxes, sanctioning fees and corner, and what Juan Manuel Marquez said about him actually taking home less than 50% of his last purse because of federal taxes and all. RAPE.

On the bright side, 6 digits for one night, sign me up.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  That's probably what he'll end up with anyway.

Donaire ends up with less than 1 million.

Sanctioning fees, managers share, promoters cut, federal tax, coach+corners cut.

Promoters cut alone: 27%. Floyd Mayweather Jr gives up roughly 26% of his purse to Al Haymon, I did the calculation for his Ortiz purse from the official NSAC documents. Floyd earned $24,671,750 and gave up $6,600,000 in managers share, which resulted in $18,071,750, if you calculate that, it's roughly 26%. Arum takes about the same from his fighters' purses. 27%.

1,320,000 * 27% = $356,400 = $963,600
                  750,000 * 27% = $202,500 = $547,500

That is just promoters cut. Now managers Cameron Dunkin and Gary Hyde want their cut too. I could be wrong but the manager gets a 10% cut, which would be a total of 37% of their purse already gone. Add in taxes, sanctioning fees and corner, and what Juan Manuel Marquez said about him actually taking home less than 50% of his last purse because of federal taxes and all. RAPE.

On the bright side, 6 digits for one night, sign me up.
                  Yeah, absolutely absurd to say the least.

Comment

Wow, crazy money for Rigo. Good for him if he can get it.

Comment

Working...
                    X