Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux agreed to terms, why Donaire don't sign the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chav View Post
    LMAO

Hopefully its just final negotiations over small details or money. If Arum pulls out Vic I will be livid all round and wont be able to defend the choice. From Rigo & Mares to Vic is a world apart

I wanna think positive and believe....or just be naive lol. Please Arum dont screw us
    Arum screwed so many fights up...its hard to excited about any fight concerning a top rank fight...even Manny!

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
      . Donaire does not force his opponents to undergo random testing - unlike Mayweather

He simply requested that Rigo take the tests (like his previous 2 opponents) but its completely optional
      heres a direct qoute from donaire himself speaking about getting rigo to take the test in order to secure a fight with him.

"Random is good, so we can help clean boxing's reputation. If they want to request me to fight them, then I have a request for them to fight fair. It's an even trade,"

you were saying????????
      Last edited by Godsfly; 02-02-2013, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
        heres a derect qoute from donaire himself speaking about getting rigo to take the test in order to secure a fight with him.

"Random is good, so we can help clean boxing's reputation. If they want to request me to fight them, then I have a request for them to fight fair. It's an even trade,"
        he asked nishioka to do VADA testing and nishioka's team turned it down, but the fight still happened....

He has since offered the same type of VADA random testing to Toshiaki Nishioka, who he fights Oct. 13 in Carson, Calif. According to donaire, Nishioka's team has not yet decided whether they would agree to do it.
        http://www.boxingscene.com/vada-noni...g-tests--57285

I think he also asked Mathebula as well...

"He [mathebula] is welcome to do it, but I don't force anyone to do it," Donaire said. "If he agrees to it, the whole boxing body needs to know about it. I invite them to join, but most importantly, I want my fans to know what I am doing."
        http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/t...nonito-donaire
        Last edited by Bermuda; 02-02-2013, 05:35 PM.

Comment

If it doesn't happen, there will be exactly 750 thousand reasons why it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            If it doesn't happen, there will be exactly 750 thousand reasons why it didn't happen.
            Why? All Donaire has to do is agree and he gets his biggest purse to date and rigo gets his 750k. Which HBO doesnt mind paying, what is your point?

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
              he asked nishioka to do VADA testing and nishioka's team turned it down, but the fight still happened....

http://www.boxingscene.com/vada-noni...g-tests--57285

I think he also asked Mathebula as well...

you just posted meaningless links. thats not even the point of the argument. the point is "is donaire trying to force rigo to take the test" this is the debate. not what donaire sent to nishioka (as a optional protocol)

& By this quote

"If they want to request me to fight them, then I have a request for them to fight fair. It's an even trade,"

in other words he's saying if they want the fight with him they should be ready to take the test to ensure a fair fight.

theres no other way that you can put that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                Why? All Donaire has to do is agree and he gets his biggest purse to date and rigo gets his 750k. Which HBO doesnt mind paying, what is your point?
                He could possibly get a bigger purse with the money saved not fighting Rigo.

When Ricky Burns asked 750k to fight Broner, everyone agreed this was Burns pricing himself out. Not sure how this is any difference.
                Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-02-2013, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                  LMAO

Hopefully its just final negotiations over small details or money. If Arum pulls out Vic I will be livid all round and wont be able to defend the choice. From Rigo & Mares to Vic is a world apart

I wanna think positive and believe....or just be naive lol. Please Arum dont screw us
                  Rigo and his manager said that they alredy have the contract..top rank won't send a contract to only one fighter..if the contract don't get signed it won't be because of Arum..

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                    you just posted meaningless links. thats not even the point of the argument. the point is "is donaire trying to force rigo to take the test" this is the debate. not what donaire sent to nishioka (as a optional protocol)

& By this quote

"If they want to request me to fight them, then I have a request for them to fight fair. It's an even trade,"

in other words he's saying if they want the fight with him they should be ready to take the test to ensure a fair fight.

theres no other way that you can put that.
                    it's a request...like he requested nishioka to do extra testing with him and nishioka's team turned it down..but the fight still happened.

it's not like he demanded that they do extra testing with him...
                    Last edited by Bermuda; 02-02-2013, 05:50 PM.

Comment

I don't think either side has signed.......

At least I haven't seen anything

Comment

Working...
                      X