God does not exist: true or false?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enayze View Post
    The bible........
    That's why you follow it and kill all non believers like it tells you to, right?

Comment

The bible........
      Why is the Bible evidence of God?

Comment

• [QUOTE]
        Originally posted by Enayze View Post
        It is always nice to see a person who probably never read the bible argue against a perfect creator. If you read the very first pages of the bible you will understand what happened to creation. To briefly summarize it for you, creation was made perfect by God, men, however, through sin corrupted all creation and made it imperfect. It seems as though everything with God operates on cause and effect. Somehow, tsunami's, famine, and diseases are all a direct result of sins. Just about every evil in this world is man made by his direct or indirect contribution.

Here is a link to earthquake statistics over the past 40 years
        http://www.earth.webecs.co.uk/images/graph.jpg
        Id like you to explain how tsunami's are a direct result of mans sins.

And as for your graph. Read the quote below.

'However, this trend needs to be understood in relation to the increase in seismographs. Certainly, in the last 25 years, more lower intensity earthquakes have been noticed because of a general increase in the number of seismograph stations across the world and improved global communications. This increase has helped seismological centres to locate many small earthquakes which were undetected in earlier decades. Therefore, an upward trend is not unexpected in the graph'

My argument is that complexity can be explained, and therefore God did it.
        No. "God did it" is not an explanation. You only believe God did it because you have no other answer. That is ignorance. Pure and simple.

I don't particularly disagree with you, but this has nothing to do with whether God exists or not.
        Of course it does. You gave reasons why people should believe in God. Complexity, which you dont understand. But mankinds understanding of nature have increasingly grown. Thereby quashing many reasons for believing in a God.
        Its the old God of the gaps argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          I didn't look for it, he said he witnessed it
          Yeah sure you did, taking his word was not enough, thats why you had to question him twice.

Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion—several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn’t straight. --Mark Twain
          "I aint got time to bleed" -- Jesse Ventura.

Comment

Yeah sure you did, taking his word was not enough, thats why you had to question him twice.

"I aint got time to bleed" -- Jesse Ventura.
            Take my word, god doesn't exist

Comment

• Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by jazluvr View Post
              The thread title... God does not exist: true or false?

Me-My answer to this is..anybody that's alive cannot truly answer this question as fact.

SP-Neither can anyone who is dead. Because they're dead. Me-I agree.

Quote:
              Some people that have died during surgery and brought back have had out of body experiences, and some claim that there is a God.

SP-Someone who has died and been brought back wasn't dead. Dead is final, that's sort of one of the defining factors of it. Somebody may have the appearance of clinical death before being brought back, but they weren't dead.

me-How do you know they weren't dead? How do you know what a "final" death is and isn't? Death is when all body functions cease to operate. but as you say, traces of energy that are still in the body can be re-invigorated enough to bring them back before it's over for good.
              Because if they were dead then they would be dead. They wouldn't come back. Because dead.

Who's to say what they experienced during this time wasn't real for them?
              It doesn't matter. Reality isn't subjective.

SP-Out of body experiences have been recreated by use of oxygen starvation under laboratory conditions.

Me-So what? What does that have to do with what peoples vitals going dead and being jump-started back to life on the operating table have to do with lab-controlled experiences. And what did those people experience?
              Out of body experiences are a symptom of oxygen starvation, the experiences of test subjects was identical to the experience of people reporting OOBEs.

Quote:
              Me-Originally Posted by jazluvr View Post
              The idea of this is humans have free will, and we are responsible for our actions, it is believed that God does not directly interfere with humans actions.

SP-That's not what it says in the Bible.

Me-I choose to believe that bible was man-made, so it's possible the bible was wrong. can you prove the bible as fact?? No.
              It's troubling that you have this god in whom you purportedly believe and yet you're saying that this god does nothing. Why a god? Why not a teapot?

Again, it comes down to choice.
              Reality is not a matter of choice though. You don't get to choose not to believe in gravity, not without making a real mess.

I'm not trying to prove anybody wrong. All I'm saying is...we don't know if God exists. There is no proof he/she/it does or doesn't.
              You have it backwards. There is no evidence that gods do exist. Therefore there is no reason to believe in them.

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              if you put dust in a box it doesnt make a planet.
              If you put peanut butter in your ear do cats play the harmonica? Therefore god.

Honestly.

Originally posted by Checheni_Lamara View Post
              What is praying ? What comes to your mind is spoken this word ?

Saying hello is a praying when you see someone or when you enters a place.
              Smiling to people is a praying.
              It is a worship to help poor needy people.
              Being tolerant is a praying .
              Not to tell lie is a praying .
              Paying attention to your health is a praying .

Being right people is praying.

No one doesnt want money from you for praying or worship.
              All of this is untrue.

Originally posted by FuriousStyles View Post
              Every person in hell is a believer. Sad thing is that it is too late for them.
              "Believe what I tell you or I'll kick the shit out of you."

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
              Well everythin i am going to tell you is MY experiences. No doubt you will find some excuses to discredit it but you asked a question and i am going to answer. There will be times i am praying for someone and without knowing God uses me to tell them what they are praying about. I have seen demon posses people . I have casted out those evil spirits using the power of prayer which is the greatest thing a Christian has.
              I've killed dragons with my mighty sword of banishing.

Reality, Celto_Reyes, Cleto_Reyes, reality.

I have been healed many times through God power not to mention the many times ive seen people that should of died and God heal them leaving the doctors scratching their head. thats right not even science can explain God miracles its impossible.
              How many amputees has he healed?

Of course God exists and it is so evident that I don't know how people are so willingly ignorant to say otherwise. Take a look around you, everything is designed from the plant life, to the wild life, to humans themselves, never mind the cosmos.
              You are wilfully ignorant of reality.

The bible........
              that's hilarious!

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                Provide one piece of evidence for God's existence.

The Universe flashed into existence

the start of living organisms from nonliving matter

the number of people who attest to knowing God(including me)

the gnawing in your heart and mind to determine if God is really there(the reason you fools make countless threads and care so much about a God you claim to believe doesn't exist)

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post

Better explained by naturalistic processes.

And there are a lot of them. Except that most of them think that you are going to hell for attesting to know the wrong god. And you think that about the rest of them.

the gnawing in your heart and mind to determine if God is really there(the reason you fools make countless threads and care so much about a God you claim to believe doesn't exist)
                  That gnawing is a symptom of schizophrenia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post

#1 - The Universe did not flash into existence, who believes that?

#2 - There's already been test to show that is possible.

#3 - Just because 99% of people believe in something, doesn't make it true.
                    The entire world believed the earth was flat and that wasn't true.

#4 - There's no "knawing" what is here is the fact that religious people force
                    god down your throats everyday and want you to pay for him, worship
                    him and have him make decisions for everyone. That's what is ANNOYING.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud View Post

Id like you to explain how tsunami's are a direct result of mans sins.
                      Here is a verse from Isaiah that might shed some light to your question

"I will punish the world for their evil, -- and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible: -- Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shalt remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of host, and in the day of his fierce anger." (Isaiah 13:11)

And as for your graph. Read the quote below.

'However, this trend needs to be understood in relation to the increase in seismographs. Certainly, in the last 25 years, more lower intensity earthquakes have been noticed because of a general increase in the number of seismograph stations across the world and improved global communications. This increase has helped seismological centres to locate many small earthquakes which were undetected in earlier decades. Therefore, an upward trend is not unexpected in the graph'
                      Yes, that is true, many more smaller earthquakes are detected, however since the 80's the average strength and death toll of earthquakes has been on an upward trend.
                      http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...ear/graphs.php

No. "God did it" is not an explanation. You only believe God did it because you have no other answer. That is ignorance. Pure and simple.
                      You have to understand something, saying God did it does not mean you automatically have to stop searching the question of how He did it. What you and many others are doing is completely refusing to acknowledge God as the architect of life. And the more people do find out about God's methods and how complex life and the universe really is, the more they feel that they dont need God and therefore say he doesn't exist. Which to me is mind boggling.

Of course it does. You gave reasons why people should believe in God. Complexity, which you dont understand. But mankinds understanding of nature have increasingly grown. Thereby quashing many reasons for believing in a God.
                      Its the old God of the gaps argument.

Again just because you find out by what method God used to create the universe does not disqualify God from existence, in fact it should only enhance His presence. That type of thinking is almost equivalent to discovering every intricacy of microsoft and then proceeding to say Bill Gates was not responsible, or that now Bill Gates does not exist.

Comment

Working...
                      X