Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo confirms trout is next but Floyd has to sign for Sep.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    So he wants Mayweather to sign to fight him whether he wins or loses against Trout? If so then I don't see Mayweather signing for this fight
    Pretty much. I don't see how this guy can expect that Floyd date when Trout gets through toying with him. In fact if I were to wager, I'd say the only reason he'd even fight Trout is because of this lil ole deal. I'll fight trout if I'm guaranteed Floyd win or lose.

I don't see how the Floyd fans can even accept this. After Trout bets ginger, what's the point of Floyd/ginger?? He brings no belt, all his fans are gonna disperse after they realize he was a hypejob & he'll be coming off of a loss.

Seems like an elaborate excuse from team ginger to duck Trout & then blame Floyd for it.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
      Something tells me Floyd won't have an opponent in Sept, and not because he's not signing to fight Canelo.
      Too early for a Sept opponent.

Comment

Canelo vs Trout is a fantastic fight. I actually think it deserves to be a headliner in its own right - a fight loses something when it's on the undercard and you've got people still getting to their seats, different sets of fans etc.

Also, I must say, I am quite enjoying Saul's diva antics when it comes to being used to prop up the Mayweather PPV

Comment

so what canelo is sayin is he will only fight trout if he is guaranteed a fight with floyd even if he loses?

thats BS. but to be honest im not interested in a mayweather canelo fight anyway. all that fight represents is least risk for the most cash.

Comment

I think people are jumping to too many conclusions. 1st off I dont think Canelo means win or lose. I think he just means that he's too big of a money maker right now to be fighting on an undercard and he wont do it again unless Floyd agrees to fight in September but I still think he means only if he wins.

Floyd doesnt like to be dictated to but its not being dictated if Canelo is actually the biggest money fight anyways. I think Floyd would love to fight him but just wants Canelo to get that signature win so people will give him more credit when he beats him in September.

Comment

How ironic is this? Canelo didn't wanna sign to face the winner of Lara and Vanes and I don't believe he ever did but now he wants Mayweather to sign. What a joke.

So Canelo wants Mayweather to sign to fight each other even if Trout whoops his ass?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Respect to Canelo, on the side note he is fighting a better fighter than May. This is whats wrong with boxing!

If Canelo beats Trout convincingly it would make the mayweather fight more competitive in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
                  Too early for a Sept opponent.
                  In relation to making a big fight, Canelo losing to Trout obviously puts that to rest (so we think) and unless he takes the leap to face Martinez, there's literally no one else for Floyd to fight...except of course Paulie Malignaggi.

Comment

Nvm I see Chud asked the same question. Canelo knows he's gonna get his add handed to him by Trout and doesn't wanna lose his opportunity to a Mayweather fight. Canelo swears he's got a lot of pull.

I doubt Mayweather signs cause Trout is a Haymon fighter too. Tell Canelo good luck with his free card on Showtime while Trout whoops his ass.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                      I made a thread about this last week and it looks like Canelo's sticking to his guns.
                      People say Floyd is making good business decisions when he cherry picks made for him opponents but this is an equally good business move by ginger. I have a feeling Floyd has no intention of fighting Canelo, or possibly anyone, later this year.
                      Canelo has nothing to lose. He either gets his guarantee and fights in May or he doesn't and headlines his own card before or after Cinco De Mayo.
                      A lot of people were saying that Canelo didn't have the pull for this kind of move but obviously Golden Boy thinks differently as they would have moved on by now. Its apparent how important Canelo is to their Cinco De Mayo plans. A Guerrero/Floyd fight doesn't move the needle by itself.
                      Floyd has been putting up huge PPV numbers way before Canelo came on the scene. Ghost would definitely sell. He's Mexican himself, he earned the fight, has titles in multiple divisions, looks white, has a wife with Cancer, and so on. You think the casual fans wont eat that up? Even the Mexicans would still buy. That PPV could sell big even without Canelo, espically with Floyd just coming out of jail. IDK if he's fighting Ghost though

Comment

Working...
                      X