No announcement yet.

Biggest boxing event ever on May 4, 2013 is being planned says Golden Boy CEO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    That's what they said about Mayweather vs Mosley and that did 1.5Million.

And Canelo did say a date, it was pretty obvious.

"Our next fight is scheduled to take place on May 4, we are close to finalizing the Mayweather fight."

So Schaefer is calling Canelo a liar then. From the sound of it what Richard said, it will unfortunately be Mayweather and Canelo on the same card but not against each other. Sucks, I was looking forward to this fight. Not interested in Mayweather vs Guerrero but Guerrero and his people being quiet and low key, definitely points to something brewing with Floyd, that's always the trend.

This really sucks, yeah still buying it, but it sucks. In recent years I bought May-Marquez, May-Mosley, May-Ortiz, May-Cotto, Pac-Mosley, Pac-Clottey, Pac-Marg, Pac-Cotto, Pac-Hatton, Pac-Marquez 4...May-Guerrero ranks probably in the middle of this list.

1. Mosley 2010
    2. Ortiz 2011
    3. Bradley 2012
    4. Marquez 2012
    5. Cotto 2009
    6. Cotto 2012
    7. Guerrero 2013
    8. Hatton 2009
    9. Clottey 2010
    10. Marquez 2009

This is where I rank Guerrero between May-Pac opponents since 2009, as far as his chances of winning coming in to the fight, in my eyes.
    Why is Ortiz so high? He almost always loses against legit opponents, 1-3-1. His only win was at a catchweight he requested, those barely count.

Comment

Working...
    X