Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy was robbed in the Olympics. Did he duck Dariusz or afraid it would happen again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He did though

He wanted to control every aspect of his fights

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      He did though

He wanted to control every aspect of his fights
      I think every top fighter does.

The negotiations with Michalzewski were pretty bad. HBO stepped in and attempted to negotiate with Klaus Peter-Kohl minus Jones. That lasted about a day.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        I think every top fighter does.

The negotiations with Michalzewski were pretty bad. HBO stepped in and attempted to negotiate with Klaus Peter-Kohl minus Jones. That lasted about a day.
        Roy pushed it to the limit tho

I honestly dont know anything about this specific negotiations minus some videos from his old fights which mentioned it

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Roy pushed it to the limit tho

I honestly dont know anything about this specific negotiations minus some videos from his old fights which mentioned it
          Roy certainly pushed it to the limit with Ruiz. I think there were 17 amendments to the contract. And with each passing one, fans used that to say that Roy was ducking the fight and didn't really want to face Ruiz. Nah, Roy just wanted the most money he could get. As far as Dariusz, in the end, after intervening, HBO didn't feel his team was serious and advised Jones to move on. Which he did.

Comment

No U.S. boxer that's ranked higher in their weight class, let alone the top p4p will travel abroad if they're smart. Hopkins got screwed in the pro ranks by traveling a few times. Roy and Floyd got royally ****ed by some bum-ass countries who couldn't play fair in the Olympics. I sure in the **** wouldn't travel to a bums backyard when I'm the draw and considered the better fighter by everyone who's not from the bums backyard. If you ask anyone not from the U.S. where the money is in boxing they'll say the United States of America. Yet you ask them if a fighter from their country wants to fight an american fighter where should the fight take place... they'll say their country. Professional athletes compete for money and don't want to be cheated. Roy had all the right in the world to not travel outside the United States since he was cheated before. If those guys really wanted to fight they would've met his demands as they should've since he was the draw, p4p, and the best in his division. Floyd had to do everything De La Hoya wanted to make their fight... I don't understand why Euro fighters think they don't have to give in to the fighter who deserves it.

One last thing... Only bums never fight in the U.S. for big money.

Comment

Another robbery. There was no light heavyweight he could not have easily beaten. The Korean robbery was so bad it had to be seen to be believed.

Comment

I don't think it was either.

Originally posted by PeacefulFury View Post
                Roy was the recognized champion and #1 p4p in the world.

Who was Darius to tell him when and where they are fighting? The guy refused to fight Roy anywhere but Europe... suspicious if you ask me. If he wants a shot at Roy, he should have come here to America. Darius ducked Roy. Roy didn't duck him. The challenger makes himself available to the champ, not the other way around.

These guys were scared of Roy.
                Dariusz was the lineal champ.

Anyways, I don't blame Roy nor do I think he avoided him. Now with Jirov that's different. But, not a big deal either IMO, doesn't hurt Roy at all.

Comment

Working...
                X