Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upset Alert! Rafael Marquez to shock Juan Manuel Lopez!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upset Alert! Rafael Marquez to shock Juan Manuel Lopez!

No hate toward the Puerto Ricans. I like Juanma and was on the edge of my seat at the end of his Mtagwa fight. However, I really think Juanma relies too heavily on his dominant right hand. Against an experienced well rounded elite level fighter like Marquez, I think he'll find himself in deep water before he realizes. The assumption that Marquez will simply be blasted out by the fresher Juanma is a dangerous one. Juanma has only been past 9 rounds twice.. If it goes that many rounds this weekend, he's going to find himself swimming with a shark with one Rafa Marquez. I just hope the entire Juanma gameplan isn't centered around cutting off the ring and blasting. If it is, expect a winded and back to the wall Juanma. Good luck to both fighters, what does everyone else think?

Youth n speed will guide Juanma to a win in this fight. I like rafa, hes a great fighter and much repected but its now time for lopez to shine n beat him

Comment

I think Rafa has too much wear and tear. I think Juan Ma is the harder, faster puncher, and you also have to include youth as an advantage for Juan Ma. I see Rafa getting cut, possibly having the fight stopped halfway through. He does have a chance though to land some solid punches on Juan Ma and hurt him, but I think he'll weather it.

I got Juan Ma by stoppage.
      Last edited by Ravishing; 11-05-2010, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
        Youth n speed will guide Juanma to a win in this fight. I like rafa, hes a great fighter and much repected but its now time for lopez to shine n beat him
        Cuts could definitely be a problem, but I see Juanma squandering his advantages in the early rounds. Possibly winning them decisively, but not building toward anything in the later rounds. If this fight goes the distance, it's going to be Very very competitive. I just don't think it will be a case of youth steamrolling shopworn. Can't wait to see this.

Comment

Juanma KO 2nd round.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
            Cuts could definitely be a problem, but I see Juanma squandering his advantages in the early rounds. Possibly winning them decisively, but not building toward anything in the later rounds. If this fight goes the distance, it's going to be Very very competitive. I just don't think it will be a case of youth steamrolling shopworn. Can't wait to see this.
            Yeah, it will be an awesome fight, both guys come to fight. if it goes 12 rounds, id see lopez getting a 8-4 decision

Comment

This fight is a toss up for me. While Juanma might be the younger and stronger guy he has too many holes that Marquez can capitalize on.

Comment

You guys make me lauf !!

You guys are saying Marquez is gonna shock Lopez, and he is a shark, when he is in deep water is FUNNY *****.

Don't expect this to go over 6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
                  This fight is a toss up for me. While Juanma might be the younger and stronger guy he has too many holes that Marquez can capitalize on.
                  If i'm not mistaken, Juanma is a converted right hand dominant southpaw. Similar to Cotto. His main weapon being that right hand, which is a helluva weapon. I just think you need to be a little more diversified in your offense to take a crafty proven guy like Marquez. This matchup is a lot more intriguing than meets the eye. Get ready!

Comment

Originally posted by rican411 View Post
                    You guys make me lauf !!

You guys are saying Marquez is gonna shock Lopez, and he is a shark, when he is in deep water is FUNNY *****.

Don't expect this to go over 6 rounds.
                    I think really the only way Lopez wins is if he either stops Marquez prior to the 6th round, or puts tremendous tremendous damage on him by the 6th. This fight is swinging towards Marquez the longer it drags on. I wish this was on HBO so i could watch it.

Comment

Working...
                    X