No announcement yet.

Do people know what a "Robbery" is?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    So you would score a round for a guy that lands 5 pitty pat arm punches, over a guy that lands 3 full weight punches solid?

That guy landed 40% more often~
    do scorecards have that option ?

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
      do scorecards have that option ?
      10-9 or 9-10 which one do you go for. That is the inherent flaw in boxing judging because that call needs to be made some will go one way and some the other.

Comment

10-9 or 9-10 which one do you go for. That is the inherent flaw in boxing judging because that call needs to be made some will go one way and some the other.
        not everyone is a banger.

and if those monster shots are only good for making sweat fly, bfd.

if monster shots dont phase the guy, 10-9 for the guy who landed more.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          That wasn't a close fight
          Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          97-93 broner is a horrible scorecard...
          I didn't realize people thought it was a close fight until I got home and got on Twitter and on here. That fight was not close at all. Broner won that going away

Comment

not everyone is a banger.

and if those monster shots are only good for making sweat fly, bfd.

if monster shots dont phase the guy, 10-9 for the guy who landed more.
            If they make the other guys head move they are easier for judges to see, if the stop the guy in his tracks while the others just bounce off uselessly.

Logically those should not be counted as equal.

But like I said some will like it your way, and others a different way.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              I didn't realize people thought it was a close fight until I got home and got on Twitter and on here. That fight was not close at all. Broner won that going away
              PSSSSShhhhhhhhhhhh GTFOH

Granados won.

Comment

If they make the other guys head move they are easier for judges to see, if the stop the guy in his tracks while the others just bounce off uselessly.

Logically those should not be counted as equal.

But like I said some will like it your way, and others a different way.
                im giving you every benefit of the doubt but dont say ''soft'' shots are all of a sudden hard to score.

tbh, most judges give bangers extra credit for shots landed on arms and shoulders and sloppy aggression.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
                  PSSSSShhhhhhhhhhhh GTFOH

Granados won.
                  I was sitting next to a guy from Granados team. He thought Granados lost. Nobody in the arena thought Granados won the fight. Broner shots were cleaner. Granados kept coming forward but wasn't landing anything clean

Comment

im giving you every benefit of the doubt but dont say ''soft'' shots are all of a sudden hard to score.

tbh, most judges give bangers extra credit for shots landed on arms and shoulders and sloppy aggression.
                    I am not saying they don't, and I am not saying scoring the strength of shots is any more valid really it is just an alternate way of scoring a fight and if a guy is landing the better shots they should logically count for more.

Soft shots are harder to score because you don't hear the crack of the shot landing, or see the visible impact. It is why if a guy lands only jabs and the other guy lands fewer shots but all power punches more often than not the guy landing the power shots will win. If the guy does a great jab snapping the guys head with a jab they certainly stand a better chance than a guy landing pawing jabs though.

Comment

I am not saying they don't, and I am not saying scoring the strength of shots is any more valid really it is just an alternate way of scoring a fight and if a guy is landing the better shots they should logically count for more.

Soft shots are harder to score because you don't hear the crack of the shot landing, or see the visible impact. It is why if a guy lands only jabs and the other guy lands fewer shots but all power punches more often than not the guy landing the power shots will win. If the guy does a great jab snapping the guys head with a jab they certainly stand a better chance than a guy landing pawing jabs though.
                      no one ''likes'' jabfests or clinch-a-thons. still, not all guys are bangers.

or, like timmy, are flashy but ineffective as sluggers.

all things being equal (all punches are visibly scored), i have to side with quantity over ''quality''. no way to prove a shot is quality if they dont do any harm.

just mho

Comment

Working...
                      X