Prime calzaghe literally bodybags this era of middles and supermiddles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Let's talk facts.

- Mikkel Kessler beat Froch once, lost once in a fight that went almost identical to Broner/Porter, just with different winners. So I don't count that win.

- Billy Joe Saunders beat four undefeated guys in a row of the Top 10 for that division in the UK at the time, all four for titles that he never lost.

- Spike O'Sullivan was a true threat when Saunders faced him. A guy who had stopped or knocked out almost everyone in his face, yet Saunders made him look like an amateur over 12.

- Mikkel Kessler has a signature win against both Carl Froch (negated by a loss to the same) and Anthony Mundine, who was weight drained and barely able to get by anyone notable.

- Mikkel Kessler was getting handily outboxed by Andre Ward before the stoppage in the Super Six.

- Mikkel Kessler got outboxed by Joe Calslappy (although I felt the scores were a bit of a joke).

I ask you again. Outside of a negated Froch win and a less-than-impressive Mundine win, who'd Mikkel Kessler beat besides, as Nigel Benn would put, Mexican street sweepers?

I'm not saying BJS is some legend nor am I saying he would necessarily beat Kessler. I'm saying his resume is more impressive than Kessler. Period.
    LOL BJS is shyte, and spike is an horrendous boxer. Kessler head and shoulders above.

Comment

Wait a minute. Are you suggesting that Calzaghe was more skilled than what we saw countless times? B-Hop clearly beat him and the world knew it.

Every fight is a slapfest from Calzaghe. I find it mighty funny that people made Joe out to be some legendary great when he open handed most every fight and fought the most dangerous fighters WELL past the sell date.

I mean look at this:
      Calzaghe deserved the decision against Hopkins. Bernard couldn't handle the work rate. That was a legitimate win for JC.

Comment

• Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
        LOL BJS is shyte, and spike is an horrendous boxer.
        Both statements are factual and I 100% agree. Which should speak volumes about the fact Kessler is a bum compared to him.

Comment

Let's talk facts.

- Mikkel Kessler beat Froch once, lost once in a fight that went almost identical to Broner/Porter, just with different winners. So I don't count that win.

- Billy Joe Saunders beat four undefeated guys in a row of the Top 10 for that division in the UK at the time, all four for titles that he never lost.

- Spike O'Sullivan was a true threat when Saunders faced him. A guy who had stopped or knocked out almost everyone in his face, yet Saunders made him look like an amateur over 12.

- Mikkel Kessler has a signature win against both Carl Froch (negated by a loss to the same) and Anthony Mundine, who was weight drained and barely able to get by anyone notable.

- Mikkel Kessler was getting handily outboxed by Andre Ward before the stoppage in the Super Six.

- Mikkel Kessler got outboxed by Joe Calslappy (although I felt the scores were a bit of a joke).

I ask you again. Outside of a negated Froch win and a less-than-impressive Mundine win, who'd Mikkel Kessler beat besides, as Nigel Benn would put, Mexican street sweepers?

I'm not saying BJS is some legend nor am I saying he would necessarily beat Kessler. I'm saying his resume is more impressive than Kessler. Period.
          So:

You don't count the win over Froch, but Spike was a true threat?

Ha!

Again, I'm a huge fan of Billy's.

Calzaghe and Ward?

Billy has fought nobody on their level.

Does Kessler have a stellar resume?

No, he doesn't. But to say it's a bum resume compared to Billy's, is an absolute joke.

Billy fought guys who were undefeated? And?

Who the hell did Spike beat before Billy made him look like an amateur??

Who the hell had Eubank beaten??

I've wasted enough time on you.

Don't quote me again.
          Last edited by robertzimmerman; 01-14-2017, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
            So:

You don't count the win over Froch, but Spike was a true threat?
            Spike didn't beat Saunders. Froch beat Kessler. Simple math.

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
            Does Kessler have a stellar resume?

No, he doesn't. But to say it's a bum resume compared to Billy's, is an absolute joke.
            If you're fighting street sweepers, you're not impressing me compared to a guy who beat the top in the country. Not sure why that's not clicking for you bro.

Billy fought guys who were undefeated? And?

Who the hell did Spike beat before Billy made him look like an amateur??

Who the hell had Eubank beaten??
            Doesn't matter. They were top in the country. That's all that matters.

Don't quote me again.
            Okay. Must be hard to absorb factual information on a board, but do you.

Done.

Comment

• CalSlappy would embarrass DeGale & Jack simultaneously.

Comment

• revelated,

Spike didn't beat Saunders. Froch beat Kessler. Simple math.
                It's you that's simple.

Just because Carl beat Kessler, it doesn't cancel out his loss to him.

If you're fighting street sweepers, you're not impressing me compared to a guy who beat the top in the country. Not sure why that's not clicking for you bro.
                Again, who the **** had Spike beaten???

So:

Beating street sweepers doesn't impress you, but Billy beating a guy who'd only beaten street sweepers does?

Ha!

Doesn't matter. They were top in the country. That's all that matters.
                Of course it matters you absolute clown.

Boxing has many different levels.

They were top in the country?

Again, after beating who???

Okay. Must be hard to absorb factual information on a board, but do you.

Done.
                You wouldn't know what a fact was if it punched you in the face.

I'm still laughing at the notion of Canelo beating Calzaghe.

Ha!

It's absolutely pointless in continuing.

You're either a troll or you're completely clueless.

You don't even realise that you've destroyed your own argument.

See ya.

Comment

• is it really fair to compare this era with the greatest fighter of all time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                    Calzaghe deserved the decision against Hopkins. Bernard couldn't handle the work rate. That was a legitimate win for JC.
                    what does work rate have to do with landing punches? calzaghe wasnt. hopkins was. easy to score fight you would think...

Comment

Working...
                    X