Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a damn shame that J-rock turned out to have a not so good chin...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't watched the fight yet, was out celebrating my bday...

I'm in total shock that jrock got dropped multiple times and stopped... I thought he could lose a decision by not being aggressove enough, but never thought he would get dropped n stopped

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      He hit him flush with an uppercut coming forward. Chin ain't got nothing to do with that. What 154lber would've survived that shot? It's not his chin, he took a chance and reached and got caught with a perfect shot.
      He got dropped from a jab in the 2nd round too.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
        So did Ward. And?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
          So did Ward. And?
          And the reason I bring up Ward is because he was said to have a weak chin before the Kovalev fight too. Because he got knocked down by Boone. The Boone shot looked more devastating than the Kovalev shot. And I think he got knocked down by a right hand I don't remember but my point is the same. And that jab he got knocked down by didn't do much damage. J-rock came back and finished that round strong. Sometimes you just get caught and Charlo is a big guy with a strong jab.

Comment

Jrock did the Zab Judah after being dropped by a jab.......yeah his chin is suspect, no way to spin that.

I was just surprised how little Jrock looked in the ring compared to Charlo.

Comment

So did Ward. And?
              2 completely different things...ward was dropped by a right hand, j rock was dropped by a jab and looked wobbly as fu*k after.

Comment

J-Rock came back and did really well after the jab knock down, he did get wobbled but it is not like he was totally ****ed up either or the round would not have went the way it went.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                  2 completely different things...ward was dropped by a right hand, j rock was dropped by a jab and looked wobbly as fu*k after.
                  Read my second response. Wasn't Ward also accused of having a weak chin before the Kovalev fight? Williams finished that round strong. Charlo is a big guy and hits hard and that jab will put down a lot of 154 fighters. Especially one like J-Rock who was doing a lot of reaching and taking chances in that fight. It's not always the chin. Getting caught with well timed shots while you're off balance and don't see those shots coming doesn't mean you have a weak chin. It means you need to tighten up on your defense

Comment

Read my second response. Wasn't Ward also accused of having a weak chin before the Kovalev fight? Williams finished that round strong. Charlo is a big guy and hits hard and that jab will put down a lot of 154 fighters. Especially one like J-Rock who was doing a lot of reaching and taking chances in that fight. It's not always the chin. Getting caught with well timed shots while you're off balance and don't see those shots coming doesn't mean you have a weak chin. It means you need to tighten up on your defense
                    I get what you're saying...but his chin has to be questioned, if not for any other reason than fighters with good chins routinely take those kind of shots. It's obvious that there's a lot more that goes into ko's other than punching power and chin...they have to meet somehow. But that said, that's the last line of defense and once it's cracked, it can't be uncracked.

Comment

Working...
                    X