Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious thread: genuine concern about request for paedo stories on net

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Serious thread: genuine concern about request for paedo stories on net

So I've got bookmarked a site that offers jobs for people who want writing work... I've got a regular job, but some extra ££££ always comes in handy, right? ($$$$, Fat Yanks).

Anyway, this is just a regular site, for regular people. Nothing suspect about it in the slightest. Jobs are offered for sports writers, tech writers, social media writers, etc. (http://www.bloggingpro.com/jobs/)

Until the other day, someone put up an ad for "child abuse fiction".

Someone wants people to write FICTION about kids being sexually abused, FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF THE KID:

http://www.bloggingpro.com/jobs/view...ction-book-job

"the type of story we want is suspenseful, thrilling and written in narrative first person (as if the events are happening in real time). It has to seem real"

Now, who would read such a book? I can think of only one person: a paedo, right?

So I mailed the board owners and basically said "what the Hell is this doing on there?" That was the day after the ad went up... they didn't reply, and it's still on there. I mailed a child protection agency over here in Greenteefland and they said they can't act.

I joke about a lot of sick **** because it's a hard world out there. But this is really upsetting me, to be completely honest for a rare moment.

Guys, what can we do to get this removed? And the people behind it looked into?

There's a school of thought that promotes the idea of computer-generated "child images" to lower the demand for the real stuff.

But with regards to the guy you're talking about, you'd hope they'd do something about it. The character in question almost definitely needs to be looked into.

If this kind of literature replaces his desire to consume explicit material in which children are actually being abused, some would argue that that's a good thing. Some would also argue that the existence of any of this material, whether real or fictitious, raises demand and desire for even more of it.

It's an interesting debate, but it's fucking weird either way.

Comment

What you have to consider as well is that this is a business site, so I'm presuming that it will be marketed. The guy isn't just doing it for himself.

Comment

Yeah it's an interesting debate made more complex when it involves imagery.
        Sleepwalker by Edward Hopper is a interesting starting point.

I don't see much can be done as I don't think it breaks any laws.

Comment

How much have you written so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Anorak View Post
            What you have to consider as well is that this is a business site, so I'm presuming that it will be marketed. The guy isn't just doing it for himself.
            Yeah that adds a whole new dimension to the thing.

Comment

"This is a long term gig"

Holy shit, man.

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
                Yeah that adds a whole new dimension to the thing.
                With respect I'd disagree.
                Where it gets very interesting is where does fantasy end and reality start. Quite easy when it's a static piece of work throw in multimedia/ communications whole lot of grey!!
                There have been a few entrapment type cases in America where it could be argued they are policing people's thoughts...

Comment

Working...
                X