Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tyson Fuey developing into the greatest heavyweight ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fury has no title defenses so I cant see boxing historians stating that without at least a few. To do this he will have to defeat wilder again and most likely AJ who has the style to really trouble Fury. His resume is way to poor to be considered the best ever and would need years of dominance with relevant guys to be there and I don't see him having the persistence to do it

Comment

By beating Tom Schwartz? GTFOH!

Comment

Fury said Ali the greatest, but in same breath said he himself is the best?
        So I'm confused as to whether fury thinks Ali is better

Comment

He is a talent, but his resume is not very good so far. he has to take world title again and make some defenses. Only champions with long reigns are considered great.

Well, if Fury beats for example Wilder, Ruiz, Joshua, Whyte...at least 3 of them in the future, than we can talk.

Comment

John McDermott is the GOAT since he beat Fury.

All hail McDermott the fat dosser.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
              He is a talent, but his resume is not very good so far. he has to take world title again and make some defenses. Only champions with long reigns are considered great.

Well, if Fury beats for example Wilder, Ruiz, Joshua, Whyte...at least 3 of them in the future, than we can talk.
              I think fury can buck the trend. He is more a leader and don't need to do what others do, he's not a follower.
              He can be great by displaying his skills against supposedly dangerous fighters of this era be it wilder, joshua or ruiz.
              And before fury retired he will beat the best available showcasing his ability.
              Fury will be great. If wlad is great then fury can be. Fury might not have discipline to stay for 10 years, he may get bored before that, but nobody will say fury not as good as wlad. But fury can leave his mark
              Last edited by hugh grant; 06-16-2019, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I wanna see Tyson fuey vs Tyson fury for the Lineal hw championship

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                  Lennox Lewis and Wladimir are the best two heavyweight ever imo.

But if fury continues this trajectory, he's more complete than both of them.

His distance judgement is improving, he can fight inside, great head movement, he's improving his punching technique.

He's a dangerous man and potentially could go onto be the best heavyweight ever.
                  He has zero title defenses, and his ass went against Wladimir Kiltschhko in the rematch.

He can fight on the inside? At elite level Tyson Fury only fights one way, I have stated it numerous of times 'he is a one trick pony at elite level' He is not fighting Whyte, Wilder, Joshua or Ruiz on the inside.

He is not more complete than Lennox Lewis who had a better engine, was miles stronger physically, hit harder, and was just a all round better boxer.
                  Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 06-16-2019, 03:26 PM.

Comment

he has a lot of potential if he stays consistent. I feel that an aggressive fighter who can box and is of the similar size would give him problems. I would take prime Vitali to beat him. Lennox would have a great chance as well, but he would need to stop him, I don’t think he wins on points.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      Without question.

Fury is Sweet Pea in Goliaths body. Boxing's Achilles. Only once in every few millennia does the univ produce a fighting specimen of Fury's caliber. We are blessed to witn greatness.
                      I don't feel blessed. He seems pretty average to me, Only averaged about 30 light punches a round against Wilder and never hurt Wilder. He would have been KOed by Wilder in the 12th if the ref had not given him so much time to recover. He was dropped hard for a seven count by average punching Cunningham. I think all the great past heavyweights would beat him. I pick Wilder to knock him out in a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X