No announcement yet.

My fourth amateur boxing fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fourth amateur boxing fight

Had my fourth fight a couple of weeks ago and won it by a 4-1 split decision. My opponent was a lot more experienced than me and had a pretty good guard.
    I tried to have good movement, keep him out with straights and tried to throw some good combinations.
    I think i have to work on my guard some more but it has gotten better since my first matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn8v_iZh5HM&t=769s

I'm in the red corner.

Some solid work. What weights are you at? How did you do in the first three?

Comment

I just watched the first round cause Im busy. Few things: You are jabbing and circling towards his right hand. This leaves you open for his right hand power shot which you got caught with a few times.

Also you were wasting so many punches on his guard. Its like you guys were taking turns punching each other's guard. When they are covering up like that, throw a couple to the head then a rip to the body, then another one to the head, then step or spin off on an angle, and attack again.

Your opponent was very wild and wide open. Dont move backwards when he launches at you with wild swings. Roll under and counter. Or take a slight step back so he misses then counter. Dont just move straight back and give him more leverage.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReadyTimeBoy View Post
        I just watched the first round cause Im busy. Few things: You are jabbing and circling towards his right hand. This leaves you open for his right hand power shot which you got caught with a few times.

Also you were wasting so many punches on his guard. Its like you guys were taking turns punching each other's guard. When they are covering up like that, throw a couple to the head then a rip to the body, then another one to the head, then step or spin off on an angle, and attack again.

Your opponent was very wild and wide open. Dont move backwards when he launches at you with wild swings. Roll under and counter. Or take a slight step back so he misses then counter. Dont just move straight back and give him more leverage.
        Thank you for the advice, haven't really thought of jabbing and circling towards the right hand like that.

Yeah i should have hit a lot more to the body while throwing combinations.

Comment

Originally posted by t.n View Post
          Had my fourth fight a couple of weeks ago and won it by a 4-1 split decision. My opponent was a lot more experienced than me and had a pretty good guard.
          I tried to have good movement, keep him out with straights and tried to throw some good combinations.
          I think i have to work on my guard some more but it has gotten better since my first matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn8v_iZh5HM&t=769s

I'm in the red corner.
          Good stuff.

As other poster said.... you were punching too much into his guard while his body was open to be ripped into.

Also, you had many opportunities to counter as the other guy was very open when he launched an attack... you should have capitalised on it.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            Some solid work. What weights are you at? How did you do in the first three?
            I lost the first two matches and won the third. I lost my debut by assistant withdrawal because i went down while we were in fighting and both were throwing a lot of powerpunches. My coach decited that it's better to be safe and threw the towel in. I should have boxed and not stayed inside or i should have had a better guard.

Second fight i lost by a real tight split decision. In that fight i was too tight and didn't throw enough punches.

The third fight i won. It was somewhat similar to my fourth but i threw more powerpunches and my opponent tried to press harder inside.

I compete at 81kg/179lbs for the first two fights i didn't really need to cut weight. For the third one i had to cut around 3 kg and the fourth on we had agreed with the opppnent that it's okay to be a bit overweight and i weighted in at 83,5kg.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post

Also, you had many opportunities to counter as the other guy was very open when he launched an attack... you should have capitalised on it.
              Yeah i realized it too when i watched the fight, that there were opportunities to counter that i didn't really capitalise.
              Last edited by t.n; 06-16-2019, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Nice man! I'll take a look. Just had my 4th amateur fight as well!

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
                  Nice man! I'll take a look. Just had my 4th amateur fight as well!
                  Thank you!
                  How did you do in your fight?

Comment

Working...
                  X