Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Canelo progressed enough to defeat Golovkin in convincing fashion next time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boogbx View Post
    Beat him convincingly last time, no need for a third.

First fight was a defensive masterpiece and boxing clinic.

Canelo won both, second being the convincing win.
    Sound like a pure groupie

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.365 View Post
      I think Nelo will go after the body way more & actually hurt G via bodyshots either stunning him or getting a stoppage!
      In the second fight it looked like he hurt GGG at some point to the body.

I have a feeling third fight will be very hard on GGG.

Canelo is in his prime. He throws nice combination and he has great body shots.

I'd put my money on Canelo winning convincingly this time.

The 2 other were very close. I had GGG winning the first one (very close) and Canelo edging the second one (very close too).

Comment

It's more that Canelo is in his prime, while Golovkin is past his.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
          I love Golovkin, but I also believe Canelo stock has gone way up since their last meeting...grown quite a bit in the ring.

His defense has been superb.

Has been landing good combinations.

And if he can capitalize with his uppercuts, who knows what might happen.

Golovkin has been inactive ever since their last bout, and the quality of his upcoming opponent is questionable if he's planning on taking Canelo after that, he's not getting younger either.

Can he learn new things with Banks?

Can he come up with a more effective strategy against Canelo?

Can he capitalize with his effective jab instead of looking to land a big right hand?

Sure why not...but, will it make a difference with an improved version of the guy who took the close decision last time?

What do you guys think?

Come on dude, Nelo beat him twice, no need for 3. Jacobs beat him too. He should be fighting Boo Boo or Jermall to try to get back to Nelo if he wants him that bad but the reality is he only wants Nelo's money like a broke ass gold-digger.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
            It's more that Canelo is in his prime, while Golovkin is past his.
            Excuses are for losers.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
              In the second fight it looked like he hurt GGG at some point to the body.

I have a feeling third fight will be very hard on GGG.

Canelo is in his prime. He throws nice combination and he has great body shots.

I'd put my money on Canelo winning convincingly this time.

The 2 other were very close. I had GGG winning the first one (very close) and Canelo edging the second one (very close too).
              The fights weren't "close." Nelo outboxed him in the 1st fight then bet the "Mexican Style" out of him in the 2nd fight.

Comment

i don’t believe either man can KO the other so it’ll be another “controversial” decision unless GGG has really let himself go with his newfound wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  The fight has been super close twice imo. I think both fights coulda had either guy winning or a draw. So I don't suspect a 3rd fight is a good bet to go any differently or much differently anyway.

That said you are always contending with mother nature at GGG's age. He could not show up any night (including vs this Rolls cat to f#ck up the whole idea of a 3rd fight) & the GGG trajectory takes a quick & dramatic trip south. And it feels like Canelo's getting closer to his peak or perhaps is at the height of his powers now. So those two career trajectories COULD have intersected already in the first 2 fights & its possible the 3rd fight could be a whole other story with Canelo moving up past GGG & GGG moving down lower than Canelo.
                  Fights were not "super close." Nelo beat that dude twice, its over. golovkin needs to move on like his girl left him.

Comment

I love Golovkin, but I also believe Canelo stock has gone way up since their last meeting...grown quite a bit in the ring.

His defense has been superb.

Has been landing good combinations.

And if he can capitalize with his uppercuts, who knows what might happen.

Golovkin has been inactive ever since their last bout, and the quality of his upcoming opponent is questionable if he's planning on taking Canelo after that, he's not getting younger either.

Can he learn new things with Banks?

Can he come up with a more effective strategy against Canelo?

Can he capitalize with his effective jab instead of looking to land a big right hand?

Sure why not...but, will it make a difference with an improved version of the guy who took the close decision last time?

What do you guys think?

I don't think so. He boxed well but he gassed badly in the last half of the fight throwing only 450 punches or less than 40 punches a round. A well trained GGG can exploit this flaw by setting a fast pace from the start and throwing nearly 70 punches a round Canelo needs to give him the rematch next before he gets any older. Canelo has not defeated him yet on my scorecard and he might lose to him in a third fight. That's why they have fights. To see who wins. Winning a razor close split decision in Canelo loving Vegas doesn't mean Canelo couldn't lose the third fight.

Comment

I love Golovkin...
                      Mary Kohn !

Comment

Working...
                      X