No announcement yet.

Disappointed, Canelo Jacobs was a snoozefest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointed, Canelo Jacobs was a snoozefest

Jeez i was hyped after the weigh in and thought Jacobs and Canelo would be going all out and give us a great fight, try to knock each other out and what did we get? An unimpressive, mediocre fight.

Canelo didnt even throw 500 punches. Jacobs wasnt really trying to win and boxed too carefully. Hey both got a nice paycheck at least, right?

Very disappointed in both fighters.

I agree, snoozefest. Didn't look line Jacobs really cared. Looked like a sparring session

Comment

I’m just happy I only paid 19 bucks and get to see the Joshua fight to with that same money.

Last year this would have been a 70 to 80 dollar fight so count your blessings lol.

Comment

casual.

NOt at all, two high level fighters and very technical.

Hard to separate canelo, GGG, jacobs really. Maybe canelo a G edge him with power abiut

Comment

That's what happens when you fight a pit bull.

Danny Jacobs was taller, weighed more (broke rehydration limit), and had a longer reach..Canelo still won clean. Cant force Danny to open up :-/

My favorite part about all this is how Canelo cleanly beat Borats best "win" which was honestly 6-6 with the KD giving the nod.

Comment

Not a very good fight, I agree. But I think Canelo's skills kind of froze Jacobs in there. For the first half of the fight or so, he didn't have any idea how to make things happen. I doubt that he expected to be faced with reflexes that quick. To his credit, he brought it harder when Canelo started to get tired. But not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
              casual.

NOt at all, two high level fighters and very technical.

Hard to separate canelo, GGG, jacobs really. Maybe canelo a G edge him with power abiut
              And I agree.

Almost every elite fight ends in an underwhelming decision. At the top level guys know how to Hit and NOT GET HIT...so they dont get hit often. There are few fireworks...and it usually is a sparring session.

When Danny opened up he got countered so he didnt open up much. That's why he kept switching between orth and southpaw...its not rocket science. Danny couldnt find sustained success so he boxed safe and took chances here and there...collected his check and lived to talk about it

Comment

I'm more disappointed in the undercard the main event went about the way I thought it would

Comment

i mean in the beginning, yeah, it took a while to pick up but the second half of the fight turned into a scrap.

You must be a casual expecting two cavemen swinging for the fences these are pros breh..

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                    That's what happens when you fight a pit bull.

Danny Jacobs was taller, weighed more (broke rehydration limit), and had a longer reach..Canelo still won clean. Cant force Danny to open up :-/

My favorite part about all this is how Canelo cleanly beat Borats best "win" which was honestly 6-6 with the KD giving the nod.
                    GGG in his mid thirties knocked Jacobs down and turned his face into pumpkin pie, it was a great fight. Prime Canelo couldnt even hurt Jacobs and won a close fight only because Jacobs isnt the same anymore after the GGG Beating.

Jacobs almost lost to Derevyanchenko, if Derevyanchenkos name was Gonzales then Jacobs would have lost that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X