How to train when fasting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to train when fasting?

Hello
    I wanted to ask you guys a question, I am going to be observing a month of Fasting, I am a muslim and once a year we need to fast for a whole month called Ramadan, I will be fasting sundawn to sunrise, I dont know how to train in terms of boxing, I will be going to the gym but I dont know how I will do my boxing training. I was thinking of doing skipping and bodyweight pushups and shaddow boxing and maybe buy a punchbag.
    I can go to the gym after my fast which will be 10 pm, my boxing is on Tuesday and Thursday 6 to 8

Does boxing not go against everything that muslims teach? Don't cause harm to another person, don't ever strike someone in the face and so on? No hate of course, I'm just curious

Anyway, train the same and eat as much as you can after your fast. You will have very little energy when you do your training and you will feel terrible but if you have to fast then there's not much you can do. You will also most likely lose weight due to the exercise and your strength will go down due to the lack of food.

Comment

Originally posted by motivational View Post
      Does boxing not go against everything that muslims teach? Don't cause harm to another person, don't ever strike someone in the face and so on? No hate of course, I'm just curious

Anyway, train the same and eat as much as you can after your fast. You will have very little energy when you do your training and you will feel terrible but if you have to fast then there's not much you can do. You will also most likely lose weight due to the exercise and your strength will go down due to the lack of food.
      I do it for self defence, its a difference of opinion. it good to ask thank you. I have to fast but the place where I train is only open Tuesday and Thursday 6-8 pm

Comment

Originally posted by AHussain123 View Post
        I do it for self defence, its a difference of opinion. it good to ask thank you. I have to fast but the place where I train is only open Tuesday and Thursday 6-8 pm
        I'd stay out of the gym while fasting for such lengths.

You could do some serious damage to yourself.

Both.... inside and out.

Your body is your tank, give it what it needs or forgetaboutit........

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          I'd stay out of the gym while fasting for such lengths.

You could do some serious damage to yourself.

Both.... inside and out.

Your body is your tank, give it what it needs or forgetaboutit........
          I will be eating twice a day, I will fit in the required calories I need in that time, I did it last time.

Comment

I have become a member at a 24 hour gym and train before sunrise. I have a large meal an hour or two before the actual session itself and another for sunset.

I know the times may be a problem but there's nothing you need to stop as long as you drink a lot of water after sunset and before sunrise.

Don't workout as hard as usual. Keep everything light.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
              I have become a member at a 24 hour gym and train before sunrise. I have a large meal an hour or two before the actual session itself and another for sunset.

I know the times may be a problem but there's nothing you need to stop as long as you drink a lot of water after sunset and before sunrise.

Don't workout as hard as usual. Keep everything light.
              I train at a 24 hour gym also, I was thinking of doing skipping and do some light cardio to maintain my fitness.

Comment

I fast as well, and gym. Focus on just not losing your strength rather than pushing yourself. I suggest not boxing while in the fast as it may cause dehydration. If you go to a 24 hour gym then just use punching bags, speed bag, shadow boxing, after the fast is done. I suggest not going to the classes for a month and just maintain what you have now.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
                  I fast as well, and gym. Focus on just not losing your strength rather than pushing yourself. I suggest not boxing while in the fast as it may cause dehydration. If you go to a 24 hour gym then just use punching bags, speed bag, shadow boxing, after the fast is done. I suggest not going to the classes for a month and just maintain what you have now.
                  my gym does not have speed bags etc. I could do shaddow boxing and skipping.

Comment

2 hours after the dinner (ifthar) I believe you'll be able to train.

Comment

Working...
                    X