Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll; RATE your FAITH in Andy Ruiz as HW champ.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Scott.Weiland- View Post
    Whyte beats Ruiz ? I don’t see it personally.
    If I remember right, you were the first guy telling me Ruiz was for real, before the Parker fight. I ended up watching a ton of his old fights because of that (and then of course was let down by both him and Parker in that fight).
    Still, respect to the dudes who saw the potential early on.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      If I remember right, you were the first guy telling me Ruiz was for real, before the Parker fight. I ended up watching a ton of his old fights because of that (and then of course was let down by both him and Parker in that fight).
      Still, respect to the dudes who saw the potential early on.
      I really enjoyed following Parker coming up through the ranks and saw Ruiz as a genuine threat at the time I hadn’t followed Ruiz like I had Parker yet it was clear their was a talent and challenge at hand. In honesty I was really disappointed with Parker the way he fought versus AR yet looking back in hindsight Andy did give him a really awkward night and that’s credit to himself for not allowing the fitter more conditioned guy a rest over 12.

It’s obvious now Andy’s skillset is far superior to that of the general top 6-20 guy their is certainly a case to rival the like of Ortiz, Povetkin and Fury in terms of skill yet he just hasn’t the physical dimensions to compete against those giants who are as skilled yet dwarf him in size.

I’m not sure how Andy wins in a rematch against AJ if the Brit was to fight utilising his dimensions as he should have the first time that said have I underrated Andy yet again. I’ve noticed a trend already regarding Andy he’s still not getting any real credit for a damn near perfectly executed game plan, everyone is focusing on what AJ did not do as opposed to what Andy did ?!

The question in hand I was replying to with Ruiz vs Whyte, I don’t see how Whyte beats a conditioned switched on Ruiz which we evidently saw on Saturday, can Whyte really beat that Ruiz ? Myself personally I sure as shyt wouldn’t put money on that but hey I’ve been wrong before and I’ll be wrong again.

Comment

He's not going to beat fury, but he has a chance against wilder.

If the best were fighting the best, and there were no fixed judges, fury would have all the belts right now. Fury would be the undisputed lineal heavyweight champion of the world.

Comment

Splitting hairs but is Andy not the top boxer right now ? The poll says does Andy beat the top 2, the top two challengers behind him ? I wouldn’t personally call any one of them the champ , lineage would still be the the top two guys facing each other, would AJ not have been the #1 and Wilder #2 before this weekend, a new lineage starting afresh should Ruiz face Wilder ?

Am I missing something here or are we rolling with the notion Fury or Wilder are numero uno if so on what basis ?

Comment

Splitting hairs but is Andy not the top boxer right now ? The poll says does Andy beat the top 2, the top two challengers behind him ? I wouldn’t personally call any one of them the champ , lineage would still be the the top two guys facing each other, would AJ not have been the #1 and Wilder #2 before this weekend, a new lineage starting afresh should Ruiz face Wilder ?

Am I missing something here or are we rolling with the notion Fury or Wilder are numero uno if so on what basis ?
            Fury is holding the lineal title. He took it from Wlad, and nobody has taken it from fury.

Comment

Originally posted by |DARKSEID| View Post
              Fury is holding the lineal title. He took it from Wlad, and nobody has taken it from fury.
              That guy tested positive for nandrolone.

Comment

That guy tested positive for nandrolone.
                Damn didn't know that. Wasn't really following heavyweight boxing during the wlad era.

Comment

Damn didn't know that. Wasn't really interested in heavyweight boxing during the wlad era.
                  But you’re interested enough to believe Fury is the lineal champ though right because, yet he tested positive for PEDs retired to avoid a ban yet still eventually accepted the ban and allowed god to absolve him of sin, it’s all their on twitter, all of which took place over a three year period of inactivity and and avoidance of acceptance and true clarity of the position he found himself in throughs his own actions not Jewish reptiles from an other dimension out to ruin him.

By your rationale and it really is a clumsy one to put it mildly you could still claim Lewis is lineal champ on the basis you’re still claiming Fury is, personally I find cheerleading flag bearer going that far cringeworthy. Let’s put it like this, if Fury wants to be recognised as lineal champ again which he was their is no dispute there he has to put the hard work back in, even beating Wilder would not have established that no matter how hard it’s argued he beat Wilder which the history and record books tell us he didn’t even in fact beat Wilder.

Comment

But you’re interested enough to believe Fury is the lineal champ though right because, yet he tested positive for PEDs retired to avoid a ban yet still eventually accepted the ban and allowed god to absolve him of sin, it’s all their on twitter.

By your rationale and it really is a clumsy one to put it mildly you could still claim Lewis is lineal champ on the basis you’re still claiming Fury is, personally I find cheerleading flag bearer going that far cringeworthy. Let’s put it like this, if Fury wants to be recognised as lineal champ again which he was their is no dispute there he has to put the hard work back in, even beating Wilder would not have established that no matter how hard it’s argued he beat Wilder which the history and record books tell us he didn’t even in fact beat Wilder.
                    I think anyone who dopes shouldn't be in the discussion.

I thought tyson fury was unbeatable because he's 6'9 behemoth student of the sweet science with tremendous technical ability and hand speed and exceptional footwork.

I literally didn't know before now he was caught doping.

Comment

I think anyone who dopes shouldn't be in the discussion.

I thought tyson fury was unbeatable because he's 6'9 behemoth student of the sweet science with tremendous technical ability and hand speed and exceptional footwork.

I literally didn't know before now he was caught doping.
                      I don’t think anyone is unbeatable I mean you can sure if you’re carefully matched like some of these regular title holders milking defence after defence all the white avoiding the full title holder avoiding unifications as such but the way the sport is set up and the advances in the sports science if these guys don’t keep up they get caught up then of course age is a factor too, Fury really got lucky imo opinion the whole timing of the Klitschko fight, Wlad was statistically on the decline as evidenced by the fact he wasn’t at his optimum anymore I’d say his peak was around the 2009-2011 period personally speaking.

Comment

Working...
                      X