Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko-Campbell: Arum, Hearn in Talks For Date in UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it quite harsh that Campbell is being described as garbage. He’s fairly fresh, got an Olympic gold and didn’t look too shabby vs Linares.

Not saying he’ll win but it won’t be Crolla 2.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
      WTF praised Crawford for winning the belts at 140.
      Pretty much every P4P list on the planet ?

Comment

Great move by bob arum! snatch another title and give lomachenko a big fight in the uk to increase his profile. The atmosphere over there will be crazy! after that make loma vs comey for all the belts. hopefully comey stops his shameful ducking of lomachenko and mans up by then.

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
          Lomachenko is thinking Wembley, Old Trafford or Millenium Stadium....

Luke Campbell wants it at Hull
          lol, I bet he does, but a capacity 3,750 arena won't cut it.

Won't be big enough for Wembley though - Campbell has generally been an undercard fighter to Joshua (and Bellew/Haye). Most likely O2 with a 20,000 capacity would be the biggest venue considered (maybe Manchester).

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            The sad reality is, Lomachencko’s fans would rather see this garbage than to see Vassily step up and fight Mikey at 140 or Crawford at welterweight.
            Or Joshua... right ?

Mikey should of went down to defend that belt, but he did not want to get that azz whoopin’

Comment

Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
              hopefully comey stops his shameful ducking of lomachenko and mans up by then.
              Huh ? Commey got a genuine hand injury - he wants the Loma fight as much as Loma does, its his biggest money fight by far.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                Pretty much every P4P list on the planet ?
                He was on every P4P list before he got all the belts. And Indongo was arguably the world “unified champ” in boxing history. That didn’t go unnoticed outside of Omaha, NE.

Comment

As a boxing fan (vs a Loma fan), I'd rather see him stay at 135 and unify before doing anything else.

Fights where boxers go out of their weight class haven't been that thrilling recently (Spence/Mikey, Canelo/Khan, 3G/Brook), and given Loma still hasn't grown into 135 yet, jumping weight classes now while there is still business to take care of at 135 would be going the circus route - no thanks.

Assuming he gets to unify, then depends where his body is at. He looked like he was growing into 135 vs Crolla, maybe he'll be able to go to 140, maybe not. Loma will never make it to 147 - Pac made it at just before his 30th birthday, Loma might be able to make 140 at age 32.
                  He’s not “growing into the division.” He fighting bad fighters. I’m sure there’s a solid number of middleweights in the top 100 that Lomachencko would make easy work of. It’s not about size when you’re fighting terribly inferior competition.

Comment

Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
                    Or Joshua... right ?

Mikey should of went down to defend that belt, but he did not want to get that azz whoopin’
                    What ****ing planet are you on bro when you think Mikey went up to get pummeled by a big welterweight to avoid at worst death by 1000 bee stings against Lomachencko????

Comment

lol, I bet he does, but a capacity 3,750 arena won't cut it.

Won't be big enough for Wembley though - Campbell has generally been an undercard fighter to Joshua (and Bellew/Haye). Most likely O2 with a 20,000 capacity would be the biggest venue considered (maybe Manchester).
                      Seriously, I think he wants Hull City stadium.

Comment

Working...
                      X