Originally posted by SA96 View Post
    The Showtime PPV card.

Charlo vs Chenko
    Charlo vs Rosario
    Literally this...

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Literally this...
      Wasnt even as good as the UFC PPV that crushed it on the same night.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
        People are definitely getting carried away with that. He was great but hes walking away a few years short of putting together a legit GOAT contender resume, the depth of top quality wins just isnt there yet.
        This is the UFC GOAT no blemishes on his record just pure dominance. People are always prisoners of the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by MartialMind View Post
          This is the UFC GOAT no blemishes on his record just pure dominance. People are always prisoners of the moment.

I would probably have to agree, him or Jones. GSPs overall level of competition was the strongest, then Jones's, then Andersons. And all three of them had long extended periods where they dominated their division. Khabib has not had that.

Comment

Wasnt even as good as the UFC PPV that crushed it on the same night.
            It was far better, the UFC puts on low level fighters but markets it them world class

Look at the card last night.

Aside from Khabib, Gaethje and Whittaker what other world class fighter was was on that card? Cannonier? Volkov?

The PBC card had both Charlos, Derevyanchenko, Nery, Casimero etc.

There’s a reason these guys get paid a fraction of what the real world class fighters get.

Comment

I would probably have to agree, him or Jones. GSPs overall level of competition was the strongest, then Jones's, then Andersons. And all three of them had long extended periods where they dominated their division. Khabib has not had that.
              Jones really effed up his undisputed GOAT potential, the title strips, the PED suspensions, the arrests.

GSP was really the best representation of a true martial artist in and out of the cage.

Anderson has an argument for sure but he stuck around too long with all the ticky tacky losses that have come about and that blemished things.

Now Khabib was damn dominant but only 13 UFC fights over 8 years and with only 3 title defenses, I would have loved to see more before he retired at only 32 now.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                Don't watch it then.

And I think boxing champions do fight each other, it is greatly exaggerated all of this 'They never face each other talk'.

The things people complain about in boxing 'Have always been'.

It has never ever been run like the way the UFC operates etc.
                How many big fights have been ruined by marinading, pac v may came years too late. Wilder v AJ should have happened a few year ago. Spence v Crawford isn’t happening anytime soon. These are earth shattering fights that should have boxing on everybody’s lips. There’s plenty more like Krusher v Adonis that slip your mind, if I sat and thought about it I could name more. You shouldn’t have a choice or an excuse not to fight the best in your division.

Comment

It was far better, the UFC puts on low level fighters but markets it them world class

Look at the card last night.

Aside from Khabib, Gaethje and Whittaker what other world class fighter was was on that card? Cannonier? Volkov?

The PBC card had both Charlos, Derevyanchenko, Nery, Casimero etc.
                  Khabib/Gaethje was two top 10 p4p'ers in a title fight. Whittaker/Cannonier was two top 5 MWs in a no1 contendership fight. Volkov/Harris was two lower end top 10 HWs. Ankalaev/Cutelaba was two top 15ish LHWs in a rematch of a crazy controversial fight. Even stuff like Struve/Tuivasa on the prelims was fun just for the freakshow aspect. It was a wild night of fights, full of crazy moments and talking points and with a genuine big fight water cooler atmosphere.

The Charlo card on the other hand, was a bunch of fights lasting much longer than a 5 round MMA championship fight, most of them having no knockdowns or exciting flashpoints. Nothing particularly memorable, no real hype. It felt small time, because it was, shouldnt have even been on PPV because there wasnt enough demand for it. And the concept of a "world class" fighter loses its value when theres 17 male divisions with 4 major belts available in each and a lot of guys wont be fighting each other anytime soon if at all anyway.

There’s a reason these guys get paid a fraction of what the real world class fighters get.
                  And theres a reason Adesanya/Costa did like 6 times as many buys as that Charlo PPV going head to head.

Comment

I watched the last 3 fights. All 3 fights were 1 sided. I thought the 3 fights on ESPN last week were better imo.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                      . All 3 fights were 1 sided.
                      Is that a bad thing?

I'd rather watch a domination with a finish than 36 minutes of jabs.

Comment

Working...
                      X